Guardians of The Galaxy (2014)

153 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

funny i always get feeling thanos has bigger fish to fry but like all kings sitting on a throne he has to deal with the commoners issues / humour them from time to time its good politics but don't let his sitting on my throne routine to fool you!i hope they spend more time on him though down the road !

He's playing the long game no doubt. His entire shtick is his obsession with Death, which obviously means an utter disregard for life. He's like a Mad King Aerys in that regard, except with the effectiveness and intimidation tactics of Tywin Lannister. That's not to say he doesn't have his difficulties in getting people to stay faithful to him. I think I already know who his "Kingslayer" will be in Avengers 3. :P

Oh Thanos you Darkseid rip-off. I've gotta be honest I preferred his Avengers design when it looked like Darkseid. but purple.

One way DC could epically troll Marvel and for once deliver a gut punch is by having a well-layered Darkseid as the villain in a 2017 Justice League movie, beating Avengers 3 and Thanos's big turn in 2018 by a year.
  • Like 2

One way DC could epically troll Marvel and for once deliver a gut punch is by having a well-layered Darkseid as the villain in a 2017 Justice League movie, beating Avengers 3 and Thanos's big turn in 2018 by a year.

I'd like it if they casted Michael Ironside and had him voice Darkseid again.

• Like 2

The scenes between Peter and his mom just don't sit right with me for some reasons. I don't think it hit the right chord for me emotionally.

It's hard for a movie to just immediately jump into something like that in the first minute without it seeming a bit like "woah, wut?". The start of Up did well because it showed you the characters as kids, had a bit of fun w/ humour to establish the relationship before quickly moving to the sad stuff.

• Like 3

Great movie liked it a bit better than Turtles.. Definitely one of the better Marvel Films and its beaten

Thor films out big time.. Not bad for a risky entry... BRavo Disney.. I dont see all the hate for thanos on here.

I thought his look and the actor Brolin playing him was awesome.. Though I would have gone with the  Avengers

look facial wise.. Still damn cool.. And loved Ronan.. That raccoon, Starlord, Groot, and Draxxx steal the showw!

• Like 1

The scenes between Peter and his mom just don't sit right with me for some reasons. I don't think it hit the right chord for me emotionally.

That was the weirdest Marvel start of a film by a longshot.. I was like what the hell  lol.. I thought it was unique

and cool after rehashing it in my mind later though... I think I agree that this maybe the most colourful Liveaction film

I have ever seen.. :D

every guardian steals the show!

except the girl. ew.

Hey don mess with my neferyi of Avatar Coolio budddy..Dem fighting words..GRRR!! LOL

Or do you mean her sister lol.

Hey is that the same groot or is it an entirely new Groot... Didnt quite get the cute lil end there lol

Oh Thanos you Darkseid rip-off. I've gotta be honest I preferred his Avengers design when it looked like Darkseid. but purple.

Agent Mulder, brainy comic fanboys all think alike.. Same here. I dont understand why they changed the look so much.

Avengers Thanos design had the look down period! :)

My mom used to make me mix tapes when I was a kid and she also died young so I definitely connected with it.

• Like 8

It's hard for a movie to just immediately jump into something like that in the first minute without it seeming a bit like "woah, wut?". The start of Up did well because it showed you the characters as kids, had a bit of fun w/ humour to establish the relationship before quickly moving to the sad stuff.

I see what you're saying. I'd also add to that the easy coincidence of having them all conveniently on the same planet at just the right time to meet up, is a little wonky. However, I really appreciate the brisk pace and not needing to spend too much time with each character. I bless Gun for making a punchy 2 hour movie as opposed to a drawn out mess.
  • Like 4

I see what you're saying. I'd also add to that the easy coincidence of having them all conveniently on the same planet at just the right time to meet up, is a little wonky.However, I really appreciate the brisk pace and not needing to spend too much time with each character. I bless Gun for making a punchy 2 hour movie as opposed to a drawn out mess.

that's true. these days you can't not appreciate a blockbuster that go minus 120 w/out credits.

unless it feels like chunks were chopped out, like thor 2 did, but thankfully this didn't

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 1

The kid just saw his mum dying of cancer with tearjerking music, he couldn't even take his hand then he runs away alone in the dark and makes an encounter of the third kind just to get abducted by a spaceship coming from the middle of nowhere sight unseen within the first 2 minutes. Cut to black, Marvel Logo. He's an adult and dances on an alien planet. LULWUT?

• Like 3

The kid just saw his mum dying of cancer with tearjerking music, he couldn't even take his hand then he runs away alone in the dark and makes an encounter of the third kind just to get abducted by a spaceship coming from the middle of nowhere sight unseen within the first 2 minutes. Cut to black, Marvel Logo. He's an adult and dances on an alien planet. LULWUT?

Yeah, the tonal shift bothers me somewhat. And him not taking his mom's hand don't seem right, it's like it has to be like that in order to set up the climax scene.
  • Like 2