Guardians of The Galaxy (2014)

153 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

This is so true. Just look at every film that's become the highest grossing by of its year..2014 - GOTG, it's now being classed as overrated2013 - Frozen/IM3 both apparently overrated2012 - Avengers, apparently overrated2011 - HP8, to be fair, this is an exception giving the fact it was a series ender, it served it audience well.2010 - Toy Story 3 - well it is overrated :P2009 - Avatar, always called overrated simply because of its massive gross.2008 - TDK, it's been called overrated2007 - Transformers, yeah it wasn't the biggest film of the year but it was the most crowd pleasing film, and is deemed overrated.2006 - DMC, so say overrated2005 - ROTS, so say overrated2004 - Shrek 2, deemed overrated2003 - ROTK, ive heard many people call this overrated2002 - Spiderman, so say overrated2001 - HP1, it's so called one of the worst of the bunch2000 - Grinch, okay bad exampleSo there you have it, most successful films are overrated, especially when they top their year.

Iron Man 3 isn't overrated it just sucks in general.

• Like 4

My brother just said to me he watched one of the worst films he'd ever seen at the cinema yesterday. I said "what's that?" To which he replied, "that galaxy film". After some research, it turns out when a child hits 29 ýears old, you can't get someone else to adopt him, what a shame.

But you can get someone else to slap the shit out of him and tell him that galaxy film is bloody cool and if he thinks otherwise, he will be a shame to the family. :bagoverhead:

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 2

Finally saw this and I really liked it a lot. The Action Scenes were awesome as always and the characters worked so well together. Chris Pratt is great as Star-Lord, but the highlights were Groot, Rocket and Drax. They were all hilarious, but they also had emotional moments, especially Groot. The soundtrack was amazing as well. However, Ronan was another fairly generic villain (like in most Marvel movies) and the plot also wasn't the most innovative. Overall though, this is a great time at the movies and my second-favorite MCU film after Avengers, but it's not the masterpiece some make it out to be IMO.

8.3/10

• Like 1

Anyone who gives this an A having seen Star Wars beforehand is just flat out on the Marvel bandwagon without much thought

Edge Of Tomorrow wipes the floor with this

still it was alright

6/10

Sorry, but I liked it more than star wars.

Reasons:

Better graphics.. duh, not the fault of star wars just the time of movie making.

A lot more fun, I love star wars but it wasn't as enjoyable because you don't got that much humor.

Starwars actors weren't very good, GOTG were a lot better.

But starwars was way better in story telling, an more interesting univerese and characters but not brought so wel on film.

You know what really grinds my gears.... The fact that Star-Lord flys in space multiple times in regular clothes with his wrists and neck exposed and is 100% fine. With out his mask he freezes in like 15 seconds.

You didn't like it, so stuff like that bothers you. Perfectly normal.
  • Like 1

You didn't like it, so stuff like that bothers you. Perfectly normal.

But I did like it. 

B- mean I mildly liked it. It was very disappointing though. Outside of Iron Man and Avengers ive found the other 8 marvel movies all disappointing. Sorry guys. 

Doesn't mean I don't see them opening day or have them all on blu-ray though :)

Edited by Jay Hollywood
  • Like 3

I saw this a second time with 5 other friends, and I loved it more than the first time.

My grade is going up from 8.5 to 9.2/10. I was better then anyother comedi movie so far, and it's even not one. 

The action was great but overall it's the humor that I love.

• Like 1

You know what really grinds my gears.... The fact that Star-Lord flys in space multiple times in regular clothes with his wrists and neck exposed and is 100% fine. With out his mask he freezes in like 15 seconds.

Apparently it was scientifically accurate according to NASA lol, and let's not forget he was only half human.
  • Like 2

Just like how Batman putting the bridge on fire in TDKR bothered alot of people but I loved it. 

That bothered me not because it wasn't possible (it is possible and looked badass) just that why would he waste time doing that when there is a ticking time bomb lol. 

Edited by Breakspear
  • Like 3

That bothered me not because it wasn't possible (it is possible and looked badass) just that why would he waste time doing that when there is a ticking time bomb lol. 

Part of being Batman, the illusion, more than a man. Remember Bane's face.... Impossible! That moment Batman beat Bane. 

• Like 3

Apparently it was scientifically accurate according to NASA lol, and let's not forget he was only half human.

Having your neck exposed is fine by NASA?

I could care less if space didn't bother him and he could fly around all day in it. It bothered me that it only effected him when it was necessary to the plot. 

• Like 1