Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

I don't understand how you can continuously trash a move you haven't even seen when it has a 9.0 rating on imdb and a 92 rating on RT lol. If you don't want to see it so much stop talking about it. 

Exactly and people that are trying to convince the naysayers should stop wasting their time. If it doesn't appeal to them then that's fine. Their loss.

Posted Image

• Like 3

#ED, are you gonna be able to get away from the like generator and see it? Dat Interstellar trailer's gotta be tempting...

I already told my wife we would wait for the Blu Ray. I was actually going to try to catch DBZ next week but tix in NYC are sold out lol

In the UK/IrelandGuardians opened to $2.3M in previews, which is 8% above the opening day of Cap 2

Brazil got hooked on a feeling to the tune of $800K yesterday.

GOTGalso bowed in Argentina, Chile, Peru, Bolivia, Uruguay and Central America, and earned a total $1.6M across the region. That was 7% up on Thor 2 and 9% up on Cap 2

It's breaking out everywhere. 700M+ looks possible maybe even wining the year for SH movies.  :D

Better than Cap 2 (710k)

Edited by Durden
  • Like 2

2012 is awesome. emmerich is bay but his stuff is just on the right side of ridiculous bullshit so it can be pretty fun. except godzilla. fuck that movie.

2012 is incredibly stupid and ridiculous. And insanely watchable and entertaining.

• Like 3

11 mill previews is huge. Im not sure if some of u are grasping this. The Marvel name is at its zenith right now. You could put Marvel studios on a Phonebooth sequel where Kiefer comes back ro haunt Colin and it would open to 60 mill. This is an incredibly shocking number.

Marvel need to stop putting their name on Spidey and Xmen IMMEDIATELY!
  • Like 1

I do think the combo of dead market and great reviews ended up really helping Guardians. I'm excited to see it (and Get on Up) this weekend now when I was kind of "eh, whatever" before, especially since these might be the last movies I see in theaters until Gone Girl.

Not always. Edge of Tomorrow...

There are exceptions to everything but EOT is not one of them.

It was an adult science fiction alien war movie. To its target audience ( which includes me ) it was a great movie.  To the GA is was a good movie and did good movie numbers.

Mall Cop would have been a better example... not sure what people were smoking in 2009

Lego... a great movie.. did great numbers in Feb

HG... a great movie.. did great numbers in March.

CA2... a very good movie... did very good numbers in April

Gravity... a great movie... did great numbers in Oct.

Frozen... did not set any monthly records but did great numbers throughout winter.

GOTG... is looking like it will to great numbers in Aug.

The idea that you have to release movies in the summer to make money is gone.  Good/Great movies can make money any time of the year.

SomewhatI want something else to breakout for the summer game. I am glad you enjoyed it.But marvel is getting too powerful just like Pixar was.

I hope Marvel reigns like Pixar, since other than a few hiccups(*cough* Cars *cough*), the quality has backed up the popularity.

Edited by Accursed Arachnid!™

Marvel need to stop putting their name on Spidey and Xmen IMMEDIATELY!

They don't have a choice! But they did make a brand new logo complete with fanfare to try and differentiate :rofl:

• Like 1