Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

That puts Guardians atleast with what 28-32 Million for Friday Not counting the Midnights

Don't know how big of a jump Saturday will bring but if it gets up to 32-35 Then there's no Question it will get over 100 Million this weekend.

For one thing it's way more family friendly than Cap is.

Yes. Cap was great, but it was easily the more serious and most grounded of the phase 2 films. Fun and escapism are what people are looking for it seems, and Guardians delivers cosmically on both.

• Like 1

So...how did those people get screened Rise of the Guardians? Im guessing film reels arent used too much anymore, but dont theaters still get disks of the movie? How theyd air a movie from 2012? Am I wrong, do they go to the computer and type in the name of the movie like pirating? I just dont see how this happens, especially if theyre using reels and disks.Edit: Tele, Rallax, somebody, im curious

I didn't know how it could happen either, but I forgot that it's summer and a lot of theaters are doing a summer series for kids. If they had that as one of the movies, it could easily happen. I'm just more curious how they didn't get it corrected. For our employee screening. We had the 3D 7.1 version ready to go, but for some reason we only got the keys for 5.1. So I had to ingest the film locally and that only took 5 minutes. There's also live play options too.
  • Like 1

Hopefully studios get the message and quit all of the remake/dark reboot crap (like two live action Jungle Book and Tarzan movies coming out, really??) and start coming up with some more fresh adaptions like this.

• Like 2

None of this makes sense. Tracking was way off.How this will beat all Marvel individual hero movies(besides IM2-3) is kinda ridiculous.

Maybe Guardians was a concept that was always meant to open bigger than the Thor and CA concept one.

Its uniqueness opens a bigger aspect of the MCU with its cosmic part and that is also of a greater appeal...

Not to mention its director passion was very contagious and played a large part into promoting that movie.

Edited by Ent

Hopefully studios get the message and quit all of the remake/dark reboot crap (like two live action Jungle Book and Tarzan movies coming out, really??) and start coming up with some more fresh adaptions like this.

Word. Guardians was a lot more appealing and "fresh" than pretty much every other summer movie this year. That definitely had a big hand in getting these numbers.
  • Like 3

This is Hollywood, though. The take away won't be fresh and fun, the take away will be talking wildlife.