Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

I'm fighting for survival, pal!Is this gonna get ugly, now? Huh? I hope not. Because I thought what we were here, racial differences notwithstanding, was just a couple of old friends. You know, just both of us Californians.

CAROLINIAN! YOU WILL PAY FOR THE MOCKERY, TELEMEKUS! Edited by Jandrew

Me loving Nolan makes me lowball Marvel Flicks?aka DC fanboy!?lol...There is no such thing as me being a DC fan. I have always said DC has done shit without Nolan.I'm here for box office numbers. Any movie that does well or better than expected is great for the industry and it's great for conversation here.

• Like 3

CAROLINIAN! YOU WILL PAY FOR THE MOCKERY, TELEMEKUS!

Jandrew, just remember what ol' Tele does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Tele just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."
  • Like 1

Me loving Nolan makes me lowball Marvel Flicks?aka DC fanboy!?lol...There is no such thing as me being a DC fan. I have always said DC has done shit without Nolan.I'm here for box office numbers. Any movie that does well or better than expected is great for the industry and it's great for conversation here.

Why so serious? You're a Nolanite, Ed. Everything you do, there's a Nolan root. Isn't that like the definition of Nolanite?I say treasure it. Embrace it. Be proud of it. That's the Ed I know. Edited by Sam

Jandrew, just remember what ol' Tele does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Tele just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."

Earthquakes? Pssht. We have those. And hurricanes and humidity and mosquitos and bipolar weather, but we can handle it all without a care, because frankly my dear, we dont give a damn.

Hey Boner My buddy Ethan has an old soul... What you think he wont watch old movies or old original cartoon series. Nostaligia is not reserved only for us 80s -70s babies. :)

You can watch all the old cartoons you want, but that doesn't make it nostalgic. Nostalgia is hearing a theme song that reminds you of the times when you were a kid and you raced home after school so you could watch Darkwing Duck. That was me 25 years ago and I heard that theme recently and man, it was crazy. Sorry, if that's rude, but it's true.
  • Like 2

Nostalgia - it's delicate, but potent. Teddy told me that in Greek, "nostalgia" literally means "the pain from an old wound." It's a twinge in your heart far more powerful than memory alone. This device isn't a spaceship, it's a time machine. It goes backwards, and forwards... it takes us to a place where we ache to go again. It's not called the wheel, it's called the carousel. It let's us travel the way a child travels - around and around, and back home again, to a place where we know we are loved.

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 10

I don't get it, that a "niche" movie like that gets a bigger OW than AVATAR , a movie from the director of the biggest success then ever (Titanic).

Marvel must be a brand like Disney used to be or Pixar was some years ago.

People will watch it, if they have a reasonable trailer.

Nostalgia - it's delicate, but potent. Teddy told me that in Greek, "nostalgia" literally means "the pain from an old wound." It's a twinge in your heart far more powerful than memory alone. This device isn't a spaceship, it's a time machine. It goes backwards, and forwards... it takes us to a place where we ache to go again. It's not called the wheel, it's called the carousel. It let's us travel the way a child travels - around and around, and back home again, to a place where we know are loved.

That, that, that is just...beautiful, old man.

Posted Image

• Like 2

You can watch all the old cartoons you want, but that doesn't make it nostalgic. Nostalgia is hearing a theme song that reminds you of the times when you were a kid and you raced home after school so you could watch Darkwing Duck. That was me 25 years ago and I heard that theme recently and man, it was crazy. Sorry, if that's rude, but it's true.

You are 100% on point. Having an old soul doesn't make things nostalgic. :lol:

Nostalgia - it's delicate, but potent. Teddy told me that in Greek, "nostalgia" literally means "the pain from an old wound." It's a twinge in your heart far more powerful than memory alone. This device isn't a spaceship, it's a time machine. It goes backwards, and forwards... it takes us to a place where we ache to go again. It's not called the wheel, it's called the carousel. It let's us travel the way a child travels - around and around, and back home again, to a place where we know we are loved.

Explain to me how you're still not a famous writer?

great speech. always tear up for that scene.

it's also off-topic. get the fuck outta here.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 3

Why so serious? You're a Nolanite, Ed. Everything you do, there's a Nolan root. Isn't that like the definition of Nolanite?I say treasure it. Embrace it. Be proud of it. That's the Ed I know.

:ph34r: