Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

Why Baumer? Why?Fuck it. I think I'll go see GOTG again tomorrow.

It was just too generic for me.  Unfunny, didn't care for Thanos.  

• Like 2

Update: 

All in a day’s work — Saving the universe and saving the day — James Gunn’s fun superhero actioner Guardians of the Galaxy launched with a $37.95M Friday (which includes those $11.2M Thursday late nights) for Disney/Marvel helping to breathe life into the box office after a seven-week slump. Depending on family moviegoing today, the movie could play anywhere right now from $92.5M to $95.5M, which means it could end up higher than the opening of Disney/Marvel’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier ($95M). If it drops 15% on Saturday, we’re looking at the higher end of the estimate.

Edited by Boogie Nights
  • Like 5

Yes, and?

Just sounds silly to not care for a character that was in the movie for a shorter amount of time than it takes to get your groceries rung up at Walmart, but its your opinion, have it. I could understand Ronan, but Thanos hate makes me scratch my head. Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 4

By tomorrow Guardians will enter IMDb's top 250, wonder where it peaks before it starts to drop.

19000 votes, 9.0 avg

#52 on the imdb top 250.

50. The Dark Knight Rises (2012) 8.5

51. The Prestige (2006) 8.4

52. Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) 8.4

53. Django Unchained (2012) 8.4

Edited by Eddy Targaryen
  • Like 1

11.2 + 26.75 + 29.425(+10%) + 23.245(-21%) = 90.62

should get to 90m but don't think it's a lock.

Your math looks more spot on than Anita's who seems to keep forgetting that we're in the summer and that it helps to cut away previews when calculating % rises and drop for Sat

• Like 2

No, that's what QT will have you believe, but he ripped off TMR and basically flipped the bird to everyone on Kill Bill.

Kill Bill was in production for 155 days and after that spent a good while in the editing room before the split was made (July 2003). It was being worked on long before Matrix Reloaded came out. Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 5