Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

25% :ph34r:If it breaks out tonight, maybe. Would need 39 million today + 11 million in previews. Right now, I'd say keep expectations low otherwise we start thinking 350+ is reasonable (including me) :P

350m is the floor, I think this can open to 145m and leg its way past IM3
  • Like 1

Apparently you have a short memory. Maleficent says hi to you. 

Wake me up if someone like Aniston can carry a movie with 700m + in the BO, then we can talk. Assuming someone in Hollywood will offer her anything major.  :P

1-The movie has more to do with things like that than the stars.    All her movies don't do that.

2-Here's the real test of who is relevant.   :)   http://www.maxim.com/hot100/2014    It does indeed appear that Jolie is done....not even on the list.   Scarjo though...she's right up near the top.

And now I have to go to work....lol...now you can all vent without me around.

But if this didn't have Marvel's name I doubt a film about a green assassin, an earthling, a talking tree and talking raccoon would really appeal to the masses.  But put Marvel on it and people flock to it....see what I did there...flock....have a good night.   :P

I don't think it's a big factor for me.   I'm a much bigger Pixar fanboy and I still did not like Cars, Ratatouille, or Brave....didn't even bother with Cars 2.   Spider-Man is also my favorite character and that doesn't stop me from hating SM3 and ASM2....like real hate.

With Marvel I'm "meh" about TIH and Cap 1.   I also sat through the first third or so of GotG and was becoming convinced I wouldn't like it....the last 2/3 or so sold me on it.

You may be right about some people...but Marvel had to earn that....it wasn't given to them.    It was probably that way with the Beatles in the late 60s.   I'm sure a lot of people were eager to buy their albums just because it had "The Beatles" on the cover.

Um not so sure about that.

Everyone was banking on the Thor/Loki to bring in both the guys and girls ... and worldwide it did the job as it performed comparable to Cap 2, etc ... but in the US, it just didn't get the big bump.  It's possible being in November with Hunger Games a few weeks later didn't help ... but it was obvious after 2 weeks that it wasn't going to go 250+.

Edited by Adam
  • Like 1