filmscholar

Weekend Numbers (pg119) Turtles 65M, GOTG 41.5

Not anymore. His past three or four pictures have been stinkers.

True, "Old Boy" and "St Anna" bombed pretty bad.  But Spike isn't known for blowing the box office wide open.  It's more about his creativity, messages and viewpoints.  

• Like 1

True, "Old Boy" and "St Anna" bombed pretty bad.  But Spike isn't known for blowing the box office wide open.  It's more about his creativity, messages and viewpoints.  

Which confuses him.  He doesn't understand why more people don't show up for his movies.

• Like 1

so i'm thinking of doing a double feature and the showtimes for both synch up well with 10 mn between each not counting previews 

so it would  be planet of the apes /guardians galaxy either tonight (6/9pm) but probably tomorrow afternoon (3/6pm)

I can't believe that number for TMNT though. Why must shit movies like this do so good? We're certainly not encouraging Hollywood to improve quality. I mean why should they when half assed garbage can make freakin 60m+ on OW?

Boo hoo.

• Like 2

I can't believe that number for TMNT though. Why must shit movies like this do so good? We're certainly not encouraging Hollywood to improve quality. I mean why should they when half assed garbage can make freakin 60m+ on OW?

Why is it shit?  Have you seen it?

• Like 2

First live action TMNT film since 1993
  • Like 1

I can't believe how well GOTG is doing,.  Why must movies like this do so well?  I mean why should movies improve when you can slap Marvel on anything and it makes 94 million OW?

• Like 1

Which confuses him.  He doesn't understand why more people don't show up for his movies.

Some of his movies have actually made some money like Inside Man and Malcolm X. Inside Man's success was due to Denzel more though.

• Like 1

Some of his movies have actually made some money like Inside Man and Malcolm X. Inside Man's success was due to Denzel more though.

Yes, I like some of his movies and Malcolm X is his best imo.

• Like 1

Posted Image

They are saying Turtles Hype and WOM is being driven by the Young Fans. Where as My generation Liked the movie but found flaws.  I agree with this.  My generation was naturally going to have a more critical eye as we grew up with it from the beginning but this new generation has never had a LIVE ACTION Turtles movie so this is all new to them. 

• Like 1