filmscholar

Weekend Numbers (pg119) Turtles 65M, GOTG 41.5

Posted Image

This fan posted that one of his greatest joys was taking his son to see his favorite cartoon growing up.  I'm sure a lot of 70's and 80's babies took their kids this weekend.

Aw so cute.

• Like 1

The Marvel and WB 1,000 Film Untitled schedule for the next 5 years made me want to throw up.  Way to much, Comicbook Overdose.  I'm actually thinking back to a time in the 80's and 90's when we would get 1 or 2 comic book films every few years.

You forgot Sony and Fox, they have untitled comic book movies too up their sleeves.

• Community Manager

Who cares if a movie is part of a franchise/ a sequel if it's GOOD? That's all that matters. If it's a good movie, I don't care if it's Fast and the Furious vs Spider Man 62. If it's a good, enjoyable movie, that's what matters. Empire Strikes Back, Last Crusade, The Dark Knight, Godfather 2, Toy Story 3, all franchise sequels, all big movies, all some of the greates tfilms of all time.

People also make the mistake of thinking that there is no originality in a franchise. Usually when a franchise dies is when the originality ran out.What a franchise allows creative people do is tell more stories within a movie universe they began to create. That means they can have more ideas within that franchise.The Dark Knight might have been a Batman movie but it delivered a different take on the Joker than had previously been shown. Toy Story 3 worked so well because Pixar had a new theme/message to bring to the series.
  • Like 3

Hollywood does have tunnel visions guys.  If something is successful they try and copy and mimic it to death.  

It's amusing how much they usually pick out the wrong thing and use it to death. BWAAAM!

• Like 1

Just look at how many people are involved with the average film by looking at the final credits of any production.Hundreds of people employed and well paid. How can you afford such a huge workforce for Oscar-nominated films outside the Hollywood system?

• Like 1

You forgot Sony and Fox, they have untitled comic book movies too up their sleeves.

God No.  I forgot. There all those Spider-man Spin Offs coming.  Lord help me.  I feel the same way about them dropping 6 Star Wars movies over the next 5 years.  I hope 50% of those "Untitled" movies end up not going to production. 

• Like 1

Just look at how many people are involved with the average film by looking at the final credits of any production.Hundreds of people employed and well paid. How can you afford such a huge workforce for Oscar-nominated films outside the Hollywood system?

This is a good point.  Blockbusters do fuel the business.  

God No.  I forgot. There all those Spider-man Spin Offs coming.  Lord help me.  I feel the same way about them dropping 6 Star Wars movies over the next 5 years.  I hope 50% of those "Untitled" movies end up not going to production. 

Ugh, fuck Hollywood.

• Like 2

As soon as Sinister Six bombs all of that will be cancelled. 

• Like 1

It's amusing how much they usually pick out the wrong thing and use it to death. BWAAAM!

Yeah like the YA Novel craze.  (Sure it was really Harry Potter to blame but at least that's a quality series)  Yes I'm a guy and I know YA is geared towards females so ladies I don't want to take your thunder but you guys have made Hollywood feel they need to adapt EVERY "Kinda" popular Novel.  It has to stop. 

Hollywood does have tunnel visions guys.  If something is successful they try and copy and mimic it to death.

Because they're a business.Nothing becomes a franchise without being very popular and profitable.Therefore Hollywood wants as many successful franchises as possible.
  • Like 3

In fact there are more artists working in different fields on blockbusters than in any Oscar movie.True story, just watch the 10 minutes credits of any blockbuster, circa 2014.

Look at the Special Addition disc of "Revenge of the Sith" and see how many people it took to do the 5 minute Lava scene with Obi and Anakin.  It's just unbelievable and that was just 5 minutes. 

More sequels, more reboots, more franchises, more YA, more untitled movies.I want MORE!!!!

LOL, Your girl J Law really added another 5 years to the YA craze, Hollywood was foaming at the mouth when "Hunger Games" exploded.

• Like 2

One can only hope.

Can't believe Sinister Six is actually getting made

Sinister Six is just an excuse to put Spider-Man out of the big screen for more time. I bet Sony is planning a reboot to come out in 2021. By then, people will want to see Spider-Man again. 7 years will have passed since the last movie with the character and nobody will remember Sinister Six.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 2