filmscholar

Weekend Numbers (pg119) Turtles 65M, GOTG 41.5

Oh man glad to see another bud agreeing with me that Young justice rocked. .What happened to it :(.

Also Spectacular SM by Disney Animation was another great show.. Hw the hell Sony didnt follow the patterns of Raimis SM1 and SM2 and the animated Spectacular SM... Man SM2 this year would have been numbr 1 at the Boxoffice

The real reason Young Justice was cancelled (the main reason not due to merchandising, but because of the fact that young boys apparently weren't watching it, merchandising was part of it) is incredibly shameful to hear. CN has zero interest in catering to girls, at least they used to. Since a female is now running the network again, that might change things.

I don't think following Raimi or Spectacular Spider-Man would have given TASM2 the highest grossing film of the year distinction, I just think Sony might wanna slow down with the property (yes I know they'll lose the rights after a few years).

Edited by Pokearcher
  • Like 3

The real reason Young Justice was cancelled (the main reason not due to merchandising, but because of the fact that young boys apparently weren't watching it) is incredibly shameful to here.

I don't think following Raimi or Spectacular Spider-Man would have given TASM2 the highest grossing film of the year distinction, I just think Sony might wanna slow down with the property (yes I know they'll lose the rights after a few years).

If They got back Tobey I think they would have or  come close... Poke... The fans want those guys back in this franchise.

I agree they need to slow down and regroup.. Perhaps get Tobey Back or a new lead. Never thought I would see the day when I wasnt rooting for SM to be a behemoth at the BO.. RIP Spidey, you will return to greatness soon. :)

If They got back Tobey I think they would have or  come close... Poke... The fans want those guys back in this franchise.

I agree they need to slow down and regroup.. Perhaps get Tobey Back or a new lead. Never thought I would see the day when I wasnt rooting for SM to be a behemoth at the BO.. RIP Spidey, you will return to greatness soon. :)

Kal, as much I wouldn't actually mind him coming back, Tobey Maguire's not returning.

Kal, as much I wouldn't actually mind him coming back, Tobey Maguire's not returning.

Give him tons of money and Rami, it could happen, but yep not likely. Tobeys got the big franchise Robotech and rumours of him and Decapio being in it  are really raging on the web.. Tobey is a producer on Robotech return as well Poke.

Wow their best of friends so it would be cool to see them both in one of the biggest Japanese franchises and Domestic too of the 80s.

Robotech was everywhere!! Cant wait for a big screen adaption. Especially if TM and Leo are the stars

Rth was late with the numbers yesterday as well, right? He probably has a busy time right now, which is the reason why the numbers come in late.

He didn't give any #s yesterday. Yeah, I am sure he was to busy to give #s.

Give him tons of money and Rami, it could happen, but yep not likely. Tobeys got the big franchise Robotech and rumours of him and Decapio being in it  are really raging on the web.. Tobey is a producer on Robotech return as well Poke.

Wow their best of friends so it would be cool to see them both in one of the biggest Japanese franchises and Domestic too of the 80s.

Robotech was everywhere!! Cant wait for a big screen adaption. Especially if TM and Leo are the stars

If DiCaprio was starring in Robotech, it might actually be decent as a live action movie based off an animated / anime series. However I'll be surprised if he does agree to star in it.

Edited by Pokearcher

So if TMNT stays flat from true Friday, it will be at 47M after today. This is probably more unexpected compared to GOTG last week since no one thought it could win the weekend comfortably.

No

65 for this is obviously huge but 90 for Guardians is still a much bigger for surprise

• Like 2