filmscholar

Weekend Numbers (pg119) Turtles 65M, GOTG 41.5

I had to Google that. God, I'm so old.

girl stop we're the same age and that's been around since we were in middle school

i used to look up cute boys on facethejury and send that to their aol instant messengers

Edited by Chaz
  • Like 1

I'm a 28-year old MAN who grew up watching the TV show and the three movies as a kid. I don't understand anybody my age who would go to see this movie because of the POWER OF NOSTALGIA. You're an adult now: Save your money.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOO

nostalgia seems way bigger now than it ever was (just look at the movies that cater to nostalgia and do nothing else *cough* there's one opening this friday). i blame buzzfeed. I'm seeing 15 year olds nostalgic on 2008 and shit. unless you're some old-ass forty year old you're not allowed to get all misty eyed and act like the critic at the end of ratatouille whenever you hear some cartoon theme song.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 10

One of the things I found to be incredibly stupid in the GOTG (and this is apparently one of the parts that people love is)

getting rid of the villain by distracting him with a dance recital. It was like I was watching Scooby Doo. If that wasn't Marvel, it would have been ripped to shreds. But Marvel can do wrong right now.

That was absolutely hilarious and fit the tone of the movie completely. So much of it was poking fun at the blockbuster cliches so that type of ending was only right.It was also unexpected and clever. Done wrong it could have been terrible, but it was definitely done right. And that's not because it's marvel because I had big complaints about a lot of Cap 2s over the topness not fitting the movie. I haven't liked all of MCU's movies because they're marvel, I don't read comics. I've liked them all because even their lesser ones have been entertaining enough to he worth the ticket price. They're an extremely safe bet to get your money worth from.
  • Like 1

nostalgia seems way bigger now than it ever was (just look at the movies that cater to nostalgia and do nothing else *cough* there's one opening this friday). i blame buzzfeed. I'm seeing 15 year olds nostalgic on 2008 and shit. unless you're some old-ass forty year old you're not allowed to get all misty eyed and act like the critic at the end of ratatouille whenever you hear some cartoon theme song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNa2Fr6CA0E

SOBBING

• Like 2

Hey remember 2013
  • Like 2