filmscholar

Weekend Numbers (pg119) Turtles 65M, GOTG 41.5

Great numbers from Turtles, I never expected it to this well. Guardians holding great as well, just as expected. Next week will be more interesting imo, how much will Turtles drop and if Guardians can pull a Captain America 2 Third weekend hold. 

Next weekend could be another potential explosive one with three movies that could open very close to each other.

If GOTG pulls a CATWS, it may open around $25/26M

If Turtles is frontload and has a 60% drop, it may open around $26M

And if the Expendables continue this august trend, it also may open around $23/26M

• Like 1

People should really stop trying to convince others of why they are mistaken after they've already made their point as to why they didn't like the movie.

I get it if the person is a troll, hasn't seen the movie, makes illogical conclusions and statements etc. but when you try to argue that they should find this type of humour funny, that's just retarded. Humour is not a one size fits all. 

• Like 7

Next weekend could be another potential explosive one with three movies that could open very close to each other.

If GOTG pulls a CATWS, it may open around $25/26M

If Turtles is frontload and has a 60% drop, it may open around $26M

And if the Expendables continue this august trend, it also may open around $23/26M

Forgot about Expendables there, and that does look like another great weekend. Wonder how much the leak will effect E3 but that's more of next weeks talk. 

And thanks Empire  :D

• Like 3

People should really stop trying to convince others of why they are mistaken after they've already made their point as to why they didn't like the movie.

I get it if the person is a troll, hasn't seen the movie, makes illogical conclusions and statements etc. but when you try to argue that they should find this type of humour funny, that's just retarded. Humour is not a one size fits all.

Very true. People keep telling me Ricky Gervais is funny but I think he is misery personified. 

Edited by theultimatebiu
  • Like 2

"In second place is Guardians of the Galaxy from Disney/Marvel which is expected now to take in maybe $42M to $43M as it looks tonight, so down maybe 54% in its sophomore frame. Also, a very good hold for this picture in considering the monster that Turtles became. A big surprise for everyone." -Deadline

Their estimates have gone up since yesterday and Nikki's down, who do we trust!?

Stay golden, GOTG! A 54% drop is great! Better than I was expecting. Hope tomorrow's hold stays or improves.
  • Like 2

GoTG will need a -7% Sunday hold to reach 43.3, which is a 54% drop. 41m is more likely, a 56.5% drop.

We don't know if Nikki is accurate, shes saying 41m and Deadline is saying 42-43m which is a reverse of last night

Wow, Turtles is doing a lot better than expected.I guess some of us underestimated the power of the Turtle brand.

I think people sometimes forget how much of a Pop Culture Icon the Ninja Turtles Brand is at this point.  I mean 30 years guys. 

• Like 3

I think people sometimes forget how much of a Pop Culture Icon the Ninja Turtles Brand is at this point.  I mean 30 years guys.

I guess I mistakenly thought that. When I think of pop culture icons, I think, Star Wars, Bond, Batman
  • Like 1