kayumanggi

Weekend numbers thread:TMNT: 28.4 GOTG: 24.7 LBC. 17.7 Ex3: 16.2

Just realised that until Sat numbers come out, The Avengers made more money in its first weekend than GotG has now. I know not really related but still crazy.

TA made more in seven days than any film has done this year so...

Well TA did more during its OW than TASM2 will do in its entire run.  

TA has overtaken the majority of  CBM respective entire run within its OW.

Imagine how much Age of Ultron does. Mind boggling.

Edited by Eddy Targaryen

I love it when people come into the forums and speak and write very good English but they are obviously not native speaking English people, and they have to tell us that they don't speak it perfectly, yet they are perfectly good at expressing themselves.  Terrestrial is the latest I have seen like this....your English is terrific buddy,.....don't you worry about a thing.   :)

Thank you a lot,  :blush:  I started rather late to learn it (mostly via reading English classical literature and watching at first seldom to get VHS in English with English subtitles and later on DVDs...)

=> but don't count on always understanding what I meanT or me understanding you all here correctly, when I get it wrong, I usually get ít REALLY wrong :rolleyes:

• Like 5

LET'S BE COPS opened with an estimated $17.7M this weekend. 5-Day domestic total stands at $26.11M. #LetsBeCops

Expand

[*] 

You just know they're laughing their way to the bank with this one.  17.7 isn't huge, but their 5 day gross has already covered their expenses.  Anything from here is just icing on the cake.  Gotta love low budget films.

• Like 3

Yeah let's not keep blaming the leak. I'd argue Ex 1 was better received than 2 yet the 2nd still dropped in sales and most over predicted it, it was only natural this one would drop too yet a lot of us were silly enough to over predict it AGAIN

I don't blame the leak on the bad numbers, I blame the leak for turning the bad numbers into some pathetic numbers, like 1.5m OW in Australia, for example.

• Like 3

Thank you a lot,  :blush:  I started rather late to learn it (mostly via reading English classical literature and watching at first seldom to get VHS in English with English subtitles and later on DVDs...)

=> but don't count on always understanding what I meanT or me understanding you all here correctly, when I get it wrong, I usually get ít REALLY wrong :rolleyes:

I can't imagine teaching myself German.  Good for you for doing it on your own....really impressive.

• Like 1

BoxOffice @BoxOffice 6 mins

NEIGHBORS: $114.6M Overseas Total / $264.7M Global Total #Neighbors

BO tweet has another ww for GotG!?

BoxOffice @BoxOffice 3 mins

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY: $196.4M Overseas Total / $418.7M Global Total #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy

Ahh, the Sunday estimate is included...

I always look at my own social circle to get a feel for how something is going to do. Two close friends who are frequent moviegoers and went to see the first two Expendables movies - both watched the leak two weeks ago. They have no plans to see it in theaters, despite liking it. Definitely had an effect.

• Like 1

Guardians Saturday $10,362,000 +49% Fri/ -39% last week

That's the jump we were all expecting last week...i think summer is definitely winding down.

• Like 2

Oh... Yeah. SHH called out that dude for that shit, had to delete those exact same posts.He's cringeworthy. And the stuff he writes about the box office? Totally idiotic. Bad apples, man. Bad apples.

The worst part is their main news contributors fan the flames. JoshWilding is always making a post about Marvel beating D.C. etc. I called him out on twitter a few days ago for inaccurately reporting Cap2's gross and he basically shrugged it off.

• Like 1

THE PURGE: ANARCHY: $31.3M Overseas Total / $101.4M Global Total #ThePurgeAnarchy

Expand

[*] 

It's already made 10 times it's budget. Has the Purge3 been announced yet? :lol:

GOTG 

Domestic:  $204,499,000  51.0%Foreign:  $196,400,000  49.0% = Worldwide:  $400,899,000  

400m WW already. Imagine if it can top TASM2 WW as well. :mellow:

GOTG

6.953M (+64.5%)

10.362M (+49%)

7.42M (-28.4%)

Looks like Sunday could be underestimated again so sub 40% drop still might be possible. 

Agreed. But this time of year the Sunday drops get to be a bit bigger....just saying.

EDIT:  I agree 28% is too high though....25% is more like it...imo.

Edited by baumer

I'm now in the 300m camp for Guardians. People love this film.

Your camp is going to get rained on and all of your marshmallows will have to be thrown out.  

• Like 2