kayumanggi

Weekend numbers thread:TMNT: 28.4 GOTG: 24.7 LBC. 17.7 Ex3: 16.2

This is a bit behind at this point, but Chef is just about the strangest "R" rating I've seen in a while.  No violence to speak of, no sex or nudity whatsoever, and while there's some swearing its not at all excessive.  Its about the only movie I've ever seen to be rated "R" thanks to "adult themes" in the sense that a serious discussion of how the power dynamics in a restaurant would be an "adult theme".   A couple characters do yell at each other and there's some modest beer drinking, but that's seriously it.  Mrs Wrath took Wrathette #1 to it a while back (after Mrs Wrath and I had seen it together) and Wrathette #1 loved it and wasn't traumatized or corrupted in the slightest.

Digression aside, I'm glad to see its still rolling along and is almost up to $40M WW, as it occupies a spot on my top 5 movies of the year, albeit probably the #4 or #5 spot.  Anyone know what its budget was?  I vaguely recall it being $8M or so but it isn't listed on BoxOfficeMojo.

about 30-40 F words is the reason for an R rating

2-3 F words and the movie is marked for death by the MPAA  :ph34r:

• Like 1

# 983 The Expendables 3 LGF $16,200,000 100.0% 3,221 $5,029 $16,200,000 8/15/201

80 % of my friends didnt go to see in the theatre because of the leak. If it wasnt leaked at least should be a decent OW+ overseas total. Plus it would get at least 20 more tickets frm all my mates. I saw the leak too but i liked the movie & took 6 more ppl to see it with me including my gf since she loves banderas & statham.Personally, i d say this leak is destroying 85% of the ticket sales to this film. Just to point out hw bad it cn damage>>All of my frds hv already seen before the release ,, thats like over 30 ppl i knew who initially planning to see in theatre but now down to just 6-7 of us. Surely PG 13 & WOM will have an effect but i think it's the leak the main issue here. Damn it! I feel terribly sorry for sly.
  • Like 6

Expendables was a one note movie that failed to live up to its premise 4 years ago. 

I shed no tears for the fall from grace that its sequels have shared. 

All of them are much better than this bullshit, generic, uninspired, boring schlock. 

DTV 4 year ago, leaked now, stick a fork in it. 

This year was perfect for marvel/disney

They released 2 movies that 'should have been the weakest of marvel" but they made 2 hits of it.

I know they expected an increase for TWS but not that much.

With GOTG, most of the predictions were 180M DOM and It will do atleast 100M more

• Like 5

Disney smart with their release dates as usual.

See I don't think releasing their films in non-crowded release dates is 'smart', I think its just using common sense.

Edited by jessie
  • Like 2

This year was perfect for marvel/disney

They released 2 movies that 'should have been the weakest of marvel" but they made 2 hits of it.

I know they expected an increase for TWS but not that much.

With GOTG, most of the predictions were 180M DOM and It will do atleast 100M more

Last year they had IM3, Monsters University, TTDW and Frozen.  This year, they have CATWS, Maleficent and GOTG.  

That's 7 movies released within 15 month, reaching each $600+M

Edited by Ent
  • Like 2