eXtacy

Weekend Estimates: GotG 17.6m | TMNT 16.8m | If I Stay 16.4m | WGST 9.0m | Sin City 6.5m

It made 10.2M for the week. As for the weekend, it had a very strong 2.2M start in Venezuela. 

That's pretty big for that market.  So it's still doing well in Japan too, I take it.

Green has her niche, she'll never be A-List which is why we all jumped on 'the Eva Green effect' back when 302 opened.

JGL doesn't seem to be doing all that hot either despite being pimped as the next Jesus a few years ago.

• Like 3

Has a movie crossing $1bn ever been this uneventful? I honestly did not notice nor care it has done so well. Maybe its just me.

It depends on who you're asking. TF's performance was the most enetertaining to watch for me, from the "this is locked to miss 1B" to the "wow, over 300M from China" to possibly no. 10 all time WW, it was a thing of beauty!

• Like 1

What's up with these films not getting China release dates?

You are aware about the sum of foreign movies allowed in China each year is restricted to 34? Other countries also have movies...

• Like 1

Zoe Saldana is also becoming the queen of nerds : Avatar, Star Trek, Guardians franchise, I don t know that many actresses with 3 big franchises even if you don t really recognize her in Avatar and to a lesser extent in guardians.

She has been around with the CGI, what color will she do next? 

You could ask the same question about Megan Fox as well.

Not really.  She's probably hotter than she has been since 2009.  Alba has never really been in a really big movie.  Yes, Fantastic Four, but even those weren't that big.

• Like 1

How does alba continue to get work?  No one cares about her, she doesn't do nudity and she's not that good of an actress.

It's not like she's getting good work. She's come a long way down since the first Fantastic Four.
  • Like 1

Has a movie crossing $1bn ever been this uneventful? I honestly did not notice nor care it has done so well. Maybe its just me.

Just you, TF4's China performance made the headlines and was probably the most shocking performance of the year.Hobbit 1 may have been the most uneventful 1B grosser.
  • Like 2

How does alba continue to get work?  No one cares about her, she doesn't do nudity and she's not that good of an actress.

My world crumbled when I learned that her nudity in the first Sin City was a vfx trick with a body double.
  • Like 1