Olive

Weekend Numbers (4 day estimates pg 35)

Lucy is sure having strong WOM. 

Really? I'm not hearing it.

I finally saw it in a pretty full theater Tuesday night. I liked it, but I sure didn't hear "strong WOM" from the other people on the way out.

• Like 1

http://deadline.com/2014/08/guardians-of-the-galaxy-matinees-box-office-november-man-826814/

4th UPDATE, Saturday, 11:30 PM: Today played out a bit better than expected and most pics are at the high end of this morning’s estimates. Guardians of the Galaxy, Disney/Marvel’s biggest domestic grosser of the summer and as of this weekend now also the highest domestic grosser 2014, is expected to take in about $6.1M today on track for an $16.5M three-day and a four-day of around $21.9M. In second position, is Paramount’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with an estimated 4.5M take today which is good for about $11.8M to $12M for the weekend and approaching $16M for the long holiday

• Like 7

Pretty cool that Guardians was able to claw its way back up to number one in its 4th and 5th weekends. Hoping it can stay number 1 next weekend as well. 

What's the favorite for next weekend anyways?

The Identical probably won't get anywhere near 10M. Unless its heavily marketed towards religious crowds, but so far, it doesn't seem to be a major player.

If Cantinflas expands to 1000 theaters, it could get up towards the 8M range. Will Cantinflas be the top challenger to GOTG next weekend?

• Like 1

September holds might be a little rough for that. I'm thinking more like IM2's 312.

Summer weekdays are gone. We'll see though.

Guardians 32 day total will be a couple million ahead of Iron Man, its held just as well so far. There is no sign of it wavering yet.

• Like 1

GOTG looks to finish in the 315-320 range giving it a reasonable 1.80 multiplier from the 4-day weekend. That's nuts.

I'm giving Ninja Turtles a 1.65 mult., ending around 190, it will be close to 22JS. Incredible numbers, this was supposed to do 100-125 and that'd have been good. 150m  at the very best. Near 200 is a total breakout.

• Like 2

BO.com's Saturday update had it earlier than Deadline around that numbers, only the high end of TMNT was at that time deeper.

NORTH AMERICA: Early Weekend Projections: 'Guardians' Leads Again ($16.3M 3-Day/$21.8M 4-Day); 'Turtles' Still Holding ($11.3M/$14.7M); 'As Above So Below' Healthy ($9.3M/$11.2M); 'The November Man' Starts Slow ($8.0M/$10.2M)

Earlier detailed final numbers, better to find long range tracking (if the system is once cleared), less mistakes in the articles...

Only their charts are less nicely done as at BOM (e.g. no difference to last week, less visual clear)

I'm sometimes astonished it doesn't get quoted more often

September holds might be a little rough for that. I'm thinking more like IM2's 312.

Summer weekdays are gone. We'll see though.

Subers had adjusted his last ~ long range estimates of $290m - $310m up to $305m - $320m

Ray Subers @raysubers  ·  16h

GUARDIANS/GALAXY is now the #1 movie of the year in the U.S. Will take 1st place this weekend and next. On track for $305-320m total.