Neo

Jason Bourne | 7.29.2016 | One week IMAX release on August 26 thanks to Ben Hur flopping

18 minutes ago, Blanks McCoy said:

Jason Bourne projections:

Weekend 2: 26.2M (-56.4%) cum 111.6M

Weekend 3: 14.3M (-45.4%) cum 137.9M

Weekend 4: 9.0M (-37.3%) cum 153.5M

Weekend 5: 5.9M (-34%) cum 163.0M

Weekend 6 (3-Day): 5.1M (-13.6%)

Weekend 6 (4-Day): 6.6M (+11.6%) cum 171.9M

Weekend 7: 2.7M (-47.7%) cum 175.6M

Weekend 8: 1.8M (-32.1%) cum 178.5M

DOM: 181.614M (3.027x)

WW: 643.993M (71.8% foreign share)

17 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

julia stiles sounded like she was trying to read cue cards from really far away throughout it.

I was dead certain they re-recorded all her lines in post with ADR because of all the background noise or something because she was terrible

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

julia stiles sounded like she was trying to read cue cards from really far away throughout it.

I was about to say hasn't she been out of work for awhile? But hilariously enough her IMDB page shows she's done a shitload of...well, shit in the last several years. :lol:

3 hours ago, CJohn said:

The stupid critics can all suck my D. They just don't matter anymore. They are sheeps who like their movies full of comedy and as inoffensive as possible. 

3 hours ago, Belakor said:

They just want Disney to take over all franchises and turn them into generic family-friendly comedies

Am I alone in thinking this sounds ridiculous?

Isn't it odd that you come to this conclusion right when your pet movie doesn't reach some arbitrary percentage? I could point out some other movies that have good rt scores and aren't family-friendly.

This just sounds like a classic case of asspain to me.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Am I alone in thinking this sounds ridiculous?

Isn't it odd that you come to this conclusion right when your pet movie doesn't reach some arbitrary percentage? I could point out some other movies that have good rt scores and aren't family-friendly.

This just sounds like a classic case of asspain to me.

IDK but we were ready. We're sending an asset after each critic that have it a rotten review

• Like 2

Just watched it, it's a solid Bourne movie, a 8/10 for me, just like Supremacy. If you liked the trilogy you'll really enjoy this one as well. I mean, why wouldn't you? It's more of the same kind of awesome action. Every Bourne fan should watch it.

• Like 2

I'm a big fan of the Bourne trilogy. Did not care for this one. Story was boring with inorganic attempts at establishing an emotional connection. And the story has always had a strong connection to the action sequences in the Bourne franchise so when the story is meh and straining desperately to justify its existence, the action sequences have minimal impact.

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

lol I thought the same thing during all of her scenes. It's like she really didn't give a fuck.

Spoiler

Well, considering they offed her in telegraphed fashion in the first act, it's no surprise.

Edited by Jay Beezy

Ex_Machina won the Oscar for best VFX because of Vikander s full frontal scene.

The movie was about VFX guys anyway so they connected with it.

Hence the Oscar for VFX that could be done  by interns of any VFX house.