Neo

Jason Bourne | 7.29.2016 | One week IMAX release on August 26 thanks to Ben Hur flopping

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

Stiles was fine. Vikander was surprising horrible and miscast (second to the CIA director in her mid 20s?) 

No, she was the head of a cyber defense unit in the CIA and was pulled into the larger operation as a result of the hack.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

81% of the my "favorite" RT critics(as in, I've made a list of 58 critics whose opinions I tend to agree with) actually liked this. Worthless piece of information to you all, I know, but I just found it interesting.

How do you even find the time to do something like that?

3 minutes ago, cannastop said:

How do you even find the time to do something like that?

It's Sunday and I have the day off tomorrow? Plus, dude, I'm nerdy, that's the kind of stuff that actually keeps me entertained. I was actually watching a gaming championship while making this list.

• Like 1

I am not understanding the RT score for critics or audiences on this film. A solid B+ film for me!

On July 30, 2016 at 3:49 AM, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

So for those who've seen this: Does it make any sense in how they brought Bourne back after The BOURNE ULTIMATUM pretty much wrapped things up with closure and all???

They do. Someone who can and reasonably knows how goes looking for Bourne. Reveals new information that had been hidden on Treadstone and it's original conception and how that ties into him. 

I did find it interesting that the line in the trailer between Bourne and Nicky that goes, "Just because you remember it all doesn't mean you know it all" is totally omitted from the film.

It annoys me when those type edits happen. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

I am not understanding the RT score for critics or audiences on this film. A solid B+ film for me!

They do. Someone who can and reasonably knows how goes looking for Bourne. Reveals new information that had been hidden on Treadstone and it's original conception and how that ties into him. 

I did find it interesting that the line in the trailer between Bourne and Nicky that goes, "Just because you remember it all doesn't mean you know it all" is totally omitted from the film.

It annoys me when those type edits happen. 

There are a ton of things in the trailer that are outright missing/changed from the film. Noticed at least 4-5 things.

Edited by MrPink

6 minutes ago, mrqe93 said:

I saw this movie only because Vikander was in it. Her accent was inconsistent, but she provided solid performance and screen presence. And she was also very beautiful. Hhe would make great Lara Croft. The rest of the movie was alright, I think

That was THE first thing my wife made mention of in the car after the film.

On 7/31/2016 at 8:44 PM, Jay Beezy said:

I'm a big fan of the Bourne trilogy. Did not care for this one. Story was boring with inorganic attempts at establishing an emotional connection. And the story has always had a strong connection to the action sequences in the Bourne franchise so when the story is meh and straining desperately to justify its existence, the action sequences have minimal impact.

I felt about the same.

All those action scenes and yet nothing to justify Bourne's return after 9 years. I expected more and it revealed very little about his past while also preventing Tommy Lee Jones from chewing scenery as he does best in these kinds of films. 

19 minutes ago, John Marston said:

looks like this could struggle to reach 150m thanks to this weekend's drop. Could this  be the end of the Bourne series? Fuckers should have released the movie on August 12 after Suicide Squad

Nah. Its doing well overseas. The budget isnt massive. They'll totally let Paul and Matt back if they wanna do another one

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Updated Jason Bourne projections:

Weekend 3: 12.4M (-45.4%) cum 127.9M
Weekend 4: 7.8M (-37.3%) cum 142.3M
Weekend 5: 5.1M (-34%) cum 151.1M
Weekend 6 (3-Day): 4.4M (-13.6%)
Weekend 6 (4-Day): 5.7M (+11.6%) cum 159.3M
Weekend 7: 2.3M (-47.7%) cum 162.8M
Weekend 8: 1.6M (-32.1%) cum 163.5M

DOM: 168.353M (2.843x)
WW: 596.970M (71.8% foreign share)

9 hours ago, John Marston said:

anyone know why Bourne would drop 30% on Sunday but the other movies only 25% or less?

Talking out of my ass, but I assume the movie appeals to the older crowd who are more likely to stay home Sunday night because of work the next day rather than go out to see a movie?

• Like 1

Jesus Christ, was a snooze fest this was.

It was like everything you saw in the first 4 (you read me correct) but less good : story, acting, action, shaky cam, fist fights.

The Renner one was better in every way.

The biggest disapointment of the summer for me.

9 years for this ?

:unsure:

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Jesus Christ, was a snooze fest this was.

It was like everything you saw in the first 4 (you read me correct) but less good : story, acting, action, shaky cam, fist fights.

The Renner one was better in every way.

The biggest disapointment of the summer for me.

9 years for this ?

:unsure:

:sadben: