sakskidz

Zoolander 2 | February 12, 2016 | Teaser Trailer on Page 6!

I loved the first Zoolander this one just looks pretty stupid not funny stupid like the first one but stupid stupid, I think that type of humor is irrelevant in today's society either that or this just can't capture the magic which the first movie was able to capture.

1 hour ago, Wrath said:

Wow, I didn't realize how badly Zoolander originally did at the box office. My expectations were way to high originally but are coming down quickly. Also, the trailers have been weak, and I've seen 5x as much marketing for PPZ than for Zoolander 2.

The original Zoolander did pretty well, actually. It was more of a cult hit along the lines of Austin Powers more than anything else (this has no hope of coming close to Austin Powers 2's numbers given how long it's been though).

While I'm not feeling that this will be a huge hit for various reasons (I think a total close to D&D2 is probably reasonably, maybe a little below), using the box office of the original as proof is NOT a smart idea, considering Zoolander was absolutely devastated by 9/11. It came out two weeks after 9/11 and the first news reports of the attacks broke during an ad for this movie, for crying out loud. Until Potter in November, every element of pop culture was crushed by 9/11 fears, from box office to album sales to TV ratings. People were afraid to even leave their homes. Zoolander found a big time audience on DVD and TV, and terms like "Blue Steel" have become iconic in pop culture. Now, do I think that fandom will translate to dollars? Nah. I'm thinking an opening around 30 and a total in the high 70s. But that post-9/11 box office is a spurious variable.

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Your gripe about the movie is the rating?

Yep. It's a gripe with the ratings board because the movie is like flawless :ph34r:

It just made me a bit uncomfortable that there were kids in my screening, having to watch a film in which there is an orgy with Ariana Grande having a ball gag in her mouth and being called a useless bitch. There is some other really sexual stuff in it, way more than the first film. I found it funny personally but it should not have been rated PG-13 (12A here in the UK)

• Like 1