rukaio101

Box Office.com's Top 100 films of All Time (2014 edition)- List Complete! Everyone is Disappointed!

27. Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (1983) 31.3 points- 14 votes

"A Jedi Knight? Jeez, I'm out of it for a little while, everyone gets delusions of grandeur!"

Return-of-the-Jedi-Movie-Poster.jpg

Darth Vader and the Empire are building a new, indestructible Death Star. Meanwhile, Han Solo has been imprisoned, and Luke Skywalker has sent R2-D2 and C-3PO to try and free him. Princess Leia - disguised as a bounty hunter - and Chewbacca go along as well. The final battle takes place on the moon of Endor, with its natural inhabitants, the Ewoks, lending a hand to the Rebels. Will Darth Vader and the Dark Side overcome the Rebels and take over the universe?

Trivia: Originally, the color of Luke's new lightsaber was blue, the same as the one he lost in ESB. Luke can even be seen wielding a blue lightsaber in early ROTJ trailers. However, when a scene of Luke assembling and activating his new saber was cut, Lucas thought the audience might not understand that Luke's ROTJ lightsaber was not the same one he lost on Cloud City. To avoid confusion, Lucas decided to change the color from blue to green, making it clear that Luke was using a new saber.

Ruk's Comments

"While it may be the least well regarded of the Original Trilogy, that's like being the world's poorest billionaire. Others may be richer but you're still a fucking billionaire. And this movie is very very good. The confrontation between Luke, Vader and the Emperor is one of the best scenes in both the trilogy and in movie history and that can't be ruined no matter how many Ewoks you pour into the film."

Edited by Rukaio Alter
  • Like 10

26. Fight Club (1999) 32 points- 13 votes

"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."

MoviePosterFightClub.jpg

A ticking-time-bomb insomniac and a slippery soap salesman channel primal male aggression into a shocking new form of therapy. Their concept catches on, with underground "fight clubs" forming in every town, until an eccentric gets in the way and ignites an out-of-control spiral toward oblivion.

Trivia: Author Chuck Palahniuk first came up with the idea for the novel after being beaten up on a camping trip when he complained to some nearby campers about the noise of their radio. When he returned to work, he was fascinated to find that nobody would mention or acknowledge his injuries, instead saying such commonplace things as "How was your weekend?" Palahniuk concluded that the reason people reacted this way was because if they asked him what had happened, a degree of personal interaction would be necessary, and his workmates simply didn't care enough to connect with him on a personal level. It was his fascination with this societal 'blocking' which became the foundation for the novel.

Ruk's Comments

"If you've watched this movie, you know why it's here. No other words needed."

• Like 17

You went from 28 to 26...

I have no idea what you're talking about.  :ph34r:

Also guys, just letting you know that I have a feeling 25 is going to be pretty controversial. It's a film I and probably a lot of other people were expecting to score a lot higher. 

So all I've got to say is...

tumblr_mqt8x9vb341sp9fcho1_500.gif

• Like 3

I have no idea what you're talking about.  :ph34r:

Also guys, just letting you know that I have a feeling 25 is going to be pretty controversial. It's a film I and probably a lot of other people were expecting to score a lot higher. 

So all I've got to say is...

tumblr_mqt8x9vb341sp9fcho1_500.gif

*ahem * heavy handed foreshadowing much?

Its nice to be at the point of the list where we can quibble over location, but I'm hoping that'll be covered up by all the movies being widely regarded as being worthy of inclusion on the list.  Hopefully that doesn't make me wildly, irrationally optimistic.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 1