CJohn

Maze Runner: The Death Cure | Jan 26 2018 | Final Trailer on Page 18

:ohmygod:

Not many films are able to climb themselves out of a rotten score like this!

I'm extremely happy for Wes Ball, happy for all of the up-and-coming actors, and happy for 20th Century Fox. Hopefully the growing score can translate to solid, perhaps even surprising, box office.

(From a personal standpoint, anything less than 40% makes me apprehensive, and 40%-59% will depend on the film. I believe that a film shouldn't be written off with a number, but a higher number is certainly encouraging.)

On 18/01/2018 at 9:42 PM, John Marston said:

Ball's directing gets constant praise 

He is the most talented young director working in hollywood at present. I am really hoping he gets to do a MCU film soon. Maybe even a star wars spinoff film but the way young directors are treated at lucasfilm, I wouldn't want him to go through same nonsense. 

• Like 3

15M internationally this weekend give or take, with 2/3 of that coming from SK. It's going to increase in China from the last one, but I'm not sure of other overseas markets. If Australia managed to stay flat, I can't imagine too many markets absolutely crumbling. I think 225-250OS is relatively safe.

Edited by DAJK
  • Like 1

Fox also opened “Maze Runner: The Death Cure” with $15.2 million from first-place launches in four markets, led by South Korea with $10 million and followed by Australia with $2.6 million and Taiwan with $2.2 million. It’s the finale of the “Maze Runner” sci-fi trilogy.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DAJK said:

15M internationally this weekend give or take, with 2/3 of that coming from SK. It's going to increase in China from the last one, but I'm not sure of other overseas markets. If Australia managed to stay flat, I can't imagine too many markets absolutely crumbling. I think 225-250OS is relatively safe.

This indeed is a very good sign. It seems FOX will be rewarded for keeping the quality of this franchise up and managing it well amid the chaotic YA world and its own production problems because of the accident, that's nice.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

This indeed is a very good sign. It seems FOX will be rewarded for keeping the quality of this franchise up and managing it well amid the chaotic YA world and its own production problems because of the accident, that's nice.

The Australia number makes me positive this isn't going below 20M next weekend

When it comes to film series ending their stories, some are sent off on a high note (“Harry Potter”) or with a sour one (“Hunger Games”), this is solid enough that it just feels the right about of satisfying. Director Wes Ball knew it wasn’t going to split this conclusion into two films, so its refreshing to have this conclusion feel like a real conclusion. Honestly, it does many things that “Mockingjay: Part 2” failed to do in my opinion. One of the primary issues I had with “Mockingjay: Part 2” was the fact how nearly every character death was just breezed through as if the audience didn’t care. When Finnick and Prim were killed off it wasn’t emotional at all for the movie just kept moving. Now when people die in this, it is moving and sad. Even if you don’t feel much attachment to a character, you have to respect that once someone kicks the bucket, the emotion is rightfully justified. 
The movie practically says, “You know these characters. Assume that you love them. We got a story to finish. Let’s do this.” From that point, it never seems to stop the brakes to take a breather.

It is exhilarating and fun for the most part, but its almost the equivalent to riding a car with a dude pumped on adrenaline. At first, it's exciting, but at a certain point you scream, “Okay I've had enough. I want to get off this ride now.”

https://www.rendyreviews.com/movies//maze-runner-the-death-cure-review

• Like 3

On 1/17/2018 at 11:53 AM, John Marston said:

Wes Ball says Death Cure budget is 83 million

https://mobile.twitter.com/wesball/status/951712986711834624

That being the case the film stands to not be a financial whammy at least. 

I full enjoyed the first two on Netflix and my wife and I were set to see this one in the theater.

We've since had our first child and my(our) movie trips are cut down. 

So we will see this on Netflix about July I guess.