CJohn

Maze Runner: The Death Cure | Jan 26 2018 | Final Trailer on Page 18

9 hours ago, AJG said:

This shit comes out in like 2 weeks. Hype level’s at 0. It’ll be an amazing flop.

Depends what you mean by flop. If budget is reasonable like the others and it makes 250m worldwide it will be profitable . Also, apparently social media is pretty good for this movie 

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 2

The book for this is a mixed bag. Lots of really cool set pieces, character arcs, and a few really hard hitting moments, but also a couple godawful plot elements and a shit ending... 

From the look of the trailer it looks like they're going to deviate away from the book even more than the second one did, at least leaving out some of the bad stuff. If this can be at least competently made, I don't see why it won't be better received than Scorch

I really enjoyed the first movie despite having zero expectations for it yet remember absolutely nothing about the second. As in I literally couldn't remember if I saw it until I went and found the trailer on YT to remember I had and yet still don't remember much of anything about it. 

So my anticipation for this is pretty non-existent. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

. Somewhat surprisingly, however, “Maze Runner’s” core team – including original series director Wes Ball – have rallied to give this once middling saga a proper sending-off. Downplaying some of the property’s sillier elements when not jettisoning them entirely, and streamlining the narrative into a rousing and at times even emotional action film, “Death Cure” is the most successful entry in the franchise by far. It may be too late to turn the cultural tide on the genre, but it comes as a relief to see at least one series manage to stick the landing.

Very encouraging words.

• Like 2