Noctis

La La Land | Now Playing | Record-Tieing 14 Oscar Noms and Record-Breaking 16 BOFFY Noms

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Sister's wedding...

I didn't realize that.  

Anyways, from what I understood about the numbers the 1000 a week was before the band was popular.  I'd assume it'd go much higher when they started pulling crowds and got popular.  Especially since I'd figure their popularity likely grew over those 5 years. (They were pulling near 1m views before the tour even, for a new promo video.  That's quite a bit for a new band.  I figure with another few years his income would have risen dramatically.)

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

To be fair, you haven't seen Hidden Fences yet (either movie) and I'm sure you won't like either (especially the latter, which is more or less a filmed version of a stage show), so...

I might be able to see both soon. I don't necessarily mind stage-ish stuff if the acting and story are compelling, so we'll see. But I doubt I'll feel the same annoyance. 

Just now, Telemachos said:

I might be able to see both soon. I don't necessarily mind stage-ish stuff if the acting and story are compelling, so we'll see. But I doubt I'll feel the same annoyance. 

If you found the Gosling and Stone characters to be unsympathetic in this, I don't think I want to know what you'll think of the Denzel character in Fences. :lol:

Cineplex is really tempting me to see LLL again this weekend. They sent me emails offering a bonus 300 SCENE points to see LLL  this weekend and they are also offering all movies for half the normal SCENE points on Monday, Jan. 16 (regular movies usually cost 1000 SCENE points for a free movie, on Monday it will be 500, VIP 19+ is normally  2000 points, Monday will be 1000).

Very tempting.:)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, filmlover said:

If you found the Gosling and Stone characters to be unsympathetic in this, I don't think I want to know what you'll think of the Denzel character in Fences. :lol:

The difference is that Troy in Fences is supposed to be somewhat unlikeable and unsympathetic.