Noctis

La La Land | Now Playing | Record-Tieing 14 Oscar Noms and Record-Breaking 16 BOFFY Noms

45 minutes ago, Joel M said:

I haven't seen the movie yet, sadly it won't reach my theatre at least until February but the backlash is kind of hilarious.

-jazz racism

-chazelle's white privelege

-plot holes about some character's income?

I fully expect someone by next week to start attacking La La Land's many historical inaccuracies.

also LionsGate already planning how to milk this

I honestly don't like this.  I don't think the movie would work that well on stage.

4 hours ago, Moviesareawesomegirl said:

Is this movie worth seeing? Here's the thing...I am not exactly a fan of musicals, and I keep hearing that LLL is too derivative. On the other hand, lots of people tell me that this film is allegedly so charming and engaging that people can't help but to fall in love with it.

I am torn and confused.

Future Shay: Well, it won all the Oscars - so up to you...

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

The face palming induced by Inarittu 's interviews I read during the Birdman and Revenant campaign trails was too strong.

The fact that he may actually believe what he s saying had me like :

:blink::thinking::wacko::mellow::lol::unsure::rofl::bash::ph34r::WHATanabe::sadben::ohmyzod:

What was the common thread of the interviews?

Was he really pretentious?

2 hours ago, La La Panda said:

I honestly don't like this.  I don't think the movie would work that well on stage.

People said that about The Lion King.......

Lionsgate is definently stealing a page from Disney's playbook, thought.

3 hours ago, Joel M said:

I haven't seen the movie yet, sadly it won't reach my theatre at least until February but the backlash is kind of hilarious.

-jazz racism

-chazelle's white privelege

-plot holes about some character's income?

I fully expect someone by next week to start attacking La La Land's many historical inaccuracies.

also LionsGate already planning how to milk this

How did Ryan Gosling get back to Gotham? ?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

People said that about The Lion King.......

Lionsgate is definently stealing a page from Disney's playbook, thought.

The Lion King had Julie Taymor to reimagine it as a theatrical piece, don't think Lionsgate would succeed as well as Disney did 

I saw La La Land and loved it. I suspect they'll be a huge surge in tourism to LA after the Oscars. I was recently in LA and I enjoyed seeing the likes of the Griffith Observatory and the Warner Bros lot in the film, I bet WB will be hugely pleased with that as that'll increase the number of people going on the tour 

Edited by Jonwo

4 hours ago, La La Panda said:

A Broadway musical made of four song numbers at the beginning (the first one doesn't even include the two main stars dancing nor singing) and one closing song number at the end? :lol:

They got to seriously pad up the repertoire because nobody is gonna sit down through a musical made of 75% of spoken dialogue between two characters.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 3

This movie... it really wasn't for me. Not harsh enough where it needed to be, and too realistic in other parts. It wasn't my thing but I can see why people would love it.

The musical numbers were fan-fucking-tastic though, I've already saved 5 songs off the soundtrack. The first musical number alone got me as excited as I would get for the final fight scene in a Marvel movie. It's damn good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

Turning this into a Broadway show is utterly pointless.

Kind of like doing a Lion King CGI remake.

The amount of movies being made into stage musicals is baffling

ROCKY THE GODDAMN MUSICAL!!!!!

WHO IS RESPONSIBLE!?!?!?!?!!!

• Like 1