CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Gone Girl - 26.8M | Dracula Untold - 23.5M | Alexander - 19.1M | Annabelle - 16.4M | The Judge - 13.3M

I keep saying it - if it was just a server outage, and the IMDB redirect is some kind of existing automatic fail-safe when the server completely dies, why didn't anyone say "The BOM server is completely down, the URL will redirect to IMDB until we've fixed the site." Why did everyone, including Ray Subers, go quiet and leave us in the dark for over 30 hours?

Public relations. You suck at it.

Let's just hope they're better at damage control...

• Like 1

Keanu Reeves 450M for Matrix in total!! (Bet yu guys didnt know how paid in the shade the one was right lol) 

He was so loaded he didnt like how the crew was paid and give them 30-40M to make sure they were taken care of.

Now thats my kind of hero. :)

Do you have any source for that? Since I find that number to be unrealistic.

According to Imdb Keanu got $10M + 10% of the gross for the first Matrix, and $15M + 15% of the gross for each of the sequels.

I don't know if that means he got percentage of the gross just from domestic, or from foreign too.

However I counted his upfront salaries and percentage of the worldwide gross, and got $260M, from all three movies.

Out of that he would of course have to pay his management, agent, and taxes. So he might end up with "just" over $100M.

Again, that's just simplistic math, in reality it's very much possible that his gross profit deal had certain stipulations in it that prevented him from getting that much.

I have also read conflicting reports on him giving money to the crew.

Some reports say that he gave some stunt guys motorcycles, another one says that he gave the visual effects team millions of dollars, however that hasn't been confirmed anywhere so those seem to be just rumours.

I have read on VFX forums where some of the artists who worked on the Matrix films wrote that they haven't gotten any money or gifts from Keanu, and haven't heard of anyone else getting anything either.

I like Keanu and think he's a good guy, but I think this story of him being charitable with the crew has been widely exaggerated and misconstrued on the internet.

I find it very hard to believe that he would have given the crew tens of millions of dollars, without there being any evidence or even first hand comments from the crew members. Just rumours.

• Like 1

1). Gone Girl (FOX), 3014 theaters / $8MFri. / $11.4M Sat. /3-day est. cume: $27.6 (-26%) / Wk 2

2). Dracula Untold (UNI), 2887 theaters / $8.9M Fri. / $8.7M Sat. / 3-day est. cume: $23M+/ Wk 1

3). Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day (DIS), 3088 theaters / $5.3M Fri. / $8.4M Sat. / 3-day est. cume: $19-20M/ Wk 1

4). Annabelle (WB), 3215 theaters (+30)/ $5.2MFri. / $6M+ Sat. / 3-day est. cume: $15.9M (-58%)/ Wk 2

5). The Judge (WB), 3003 theaters / $4.4M Fri. / $5.5M Sat. /3-day est. cume: $13M+/ Wk 1

• Like 13

1). Gone Girl (FOX), 3014 theaters / $8MFri. / $11.4M Sat. /3-day est. cume: $27.6 (-26%) / Wk 2

2). Dracula Untold (UNI), 2887 theaters / $8.9M Fri. / $8.7M Sat. / 3-day est. cume: $23M+/ Wk 1

3). Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day (DIS), 3088 theaters / $5.3M Fri. / $8.4M Sat. / 3-day est. cume: $19-20M/ Wk 1

4). Annabelle (WB), 3215 theaters (+30)/ $5.2MFri. / $6M+ Sat. / 3-day est. cume: $15.9M (-58%)/ Wk 2

5). The Judge (WB), 3003 theaters / $4.4M Fri. / $5.5M Sat. /3-day est. cume: $13M+/ Wk 1

• Like 8

I was going to say those Sunday drops seem slightly generous, but I guess with Columbus Day, the drops will be more like 30-40% instead of 35-45%.

Still, Gone Girl seems a tiny bit high.

Gone Girl - 26.9

Dracula Untold - 23.3

Alexander and the bad day - 19.5

Annabelle - 15.1

The Judge - 13.5