CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

Cavill isn't yet 40 but if this was going to be out any time before 2023, we would basically know it by now.

I do feel like the Rock basically said Superman would be in Black Adam but still, it's lame. Cavill's Supes deserved sooo much more. Post MOS, there were so many interesting places the character could have gone, they had a perfect cast...

I wish Snyder well and love his ideas conceptually but damn did he screw up with BvS. 

Edited by excel1
  • Like 4

Just now, cax16 said:

As much as I enjoyed today I can’t lie and say I’m not disappointed that we didn’t get any kind of Superman announcement, but I’ll just try and stay positive and keep hoping it’s coming eventually. 

Same I mean it's great to see Wonder Woman finally getting the recognition on the big screen so much that WW84 is considered a slam dunk in terms of interest and of course Batman will always sell but a DC Universe just doesn't quite feel right without Superman getting some attention too. 

Just hope someone out there has a great pitch that will get WB onboard. 

• Like 2

I guess we’ll find out more over the next few months cause Shazam and Black Adam are filming early next year, so if he’s in small roles in those movies we’ll hear about it then.

Still holding out hope for a solo movie eventually. 

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 7:01 AM, cdsacken said:

Agreed. So many better directors out there.

I agree with the statement that Snyder's mistake with Supes was making Superman into a clone of Dr Manhattan in "Watchmen" :moody and depressed all the time.

(though Snyder messed up a lot of Watchmen also)

I think if I were pitching A Superman movie to WB I would say "I am going to use what Marvel did with Captain America as a template.take  a character regarding by many old fashioned and corny and find a way of making him likable and revelent while not changing the basics of the character".

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 10:15 AM, belblazer said:

Just because a movie made some profit doesn't mean that it was successful. MoS and BvS bombed critically and commercially speaking. BvS was literally expected to gross the double of what it actually did and MoS BO was far from a huge number for the character's caliber but an improvement compared to the previous releases. But when we look at the $225 million budget and $40 million profit, it's rubbish (it's half of Shazam's profit even with nearly double in BO). Not to mention the fact that BvS profit wasn't even top 10 in 2016.

BvS was responsible for everything that went wrong with the franchise. It all didn't worked. We can blame WB of course because they in fact have part in this but Snyder never was the best option to operate our universe. His vision and direction were rejected by the GA and lots of fans it was clear.

BOth MOS and BvS actually made a decent profit, but Warners was expecting a lot more then decent;they were expecting Dark Knight numbers for MOS and Avengers numbers for BvS, and did not get them. It's an expectations game, and no doubt as far as WB is concerned BvS and MOS underperformed badly.

It' no secret that just a few weeks after MOS opened, and it was clear it would underperform at the box office , that MOS 2 got transformed into BvS Warners thinking that adding  DC most popular character to the mix would solve the box office problems. For a variety of reasons, it didn't.

Warners is being very,very careful about bringing back Supes.

Thing is Supes is not an easy character to write without out him coming off a prig and a goody two shoes boy scout. If I were pitching A Superman movie, I would say "I would use that Kevin Feige did with Captain America as a template as to how to make a potentially cornball and old fashioned chartecter popular and revelent while retaining the basics of the character".

Edited by dudalb

4 hours ago, dudalb said:

BOth MOS and BvS actually made a decent profit, but Warners was expecting a lot more then decent;they were expecting Dark Knight numbers for MOS and Avengers numbers for BvS, and did not get them. It's an expectations game, and no doubt as far as WB is concerned BvS and MOS underperformed badly.

It' no secret that just a few weeks after MOS opened, and it was clear it would underperform at the box office , that MOS 2 got transformed into BvS Warners thinking that adding  DC most popular character to the mix would solve the box office problems. For a variety of reasons, it didn't.

Warners is being very,very careful about bringing back Supes.

Thing is Supes is not an easy character to write without out him coming off a prig and a goody two shoes boy scout. If I were pitching A Superman movie, I would say "I would use that Kevin Feige did with Captain America as a template as to how to make a potentially cornball and old fashioned chartecter popular and revelent while retaining the basics of the character".

Yep.  BvS and MoS, if they had been overwhelmingly received well, should have both made at least twice as much as what they did. 

Warners is clearly not interested in an epic reboot or retooling of Supes at this point; they are just going to "use what they have" and ride the Cavill wave, throwing him in a movie here and there until the fan-supported-wave utterly dies. It's a good idea not to set your expectations high. 

Although I suppose if there is anyone in Hollywood capable of helping to "re-invent" Superman, even just through Cavill's persona... I suppose it's The Rock!

Edited by Macleod

2 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Henry Cavill Trending...again...

WB has to be seeing this stuff. 

I’m gonna be shocked if we don’t have some announcement about something with Superman before the end of the year. 

9 minutes ago, cax16 said:

WB has to be seeing this stuff. 

I’m gonna be shocked if we don’t have some announcement about something with Superman before the end of the year. 

Superman really has been getting the short end of the stick for a while now. Even outside of the movies, we’re getting another Batman related game next year, and in 2022, we’re getting a Suicide Squad game where Superman is once again going to be the bad guy. The only other thing Superman really has at the moment is that direct to video animated film that just came out. 

Just now, WittyUsername said:

Superman really has been getting the short end of the stick for a while now. Even outside of the movies, we’re getting another Batman related game next year, and in 2022, we’re getting a Suicide Squad game where Superman is once again going to be the bad guy. The only other thing Superman really has at the moment is that direct to video animated film that just came out. 

It’s been disappointing as a Superman fan for sure but I’m trying to stay positive. I’m really excited about all the other DC movie projects so I’m good for now but I’d really love to get a new Superman movie in the next 3 years. I feel like they have the right people in charge and know Superman is important to fans. 

1 hour ago, RealLyre said:

didn't they hire someone to write a supergirl movie that was said to be more in development than the MoS sequel?

There were rumours supergirl was shelved, but who knows what’s true and what’s not.