CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

1 hour ago, SnokesLegs said:

. Elordi not even throwing his name into the ring despite Twitter being in love with him and convinced he’s the number 1 pick is pretty funny.

Why is everybody assuming Elordi wants to play supes that'd tie him down to the role  for the most lucrative part of his career? Maybe he doesn't want that type of career. And about Chalamet @I Am Eric, i remember him saying that his idol Leo DiCaprio advised him not to take on superhero roles. The same thing maybe Elordi is thinking.

Edited by Maggie

2 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

If Rachel Brosnahan gave the perfect audition then she should be cast. I've always been saying Lois should be older than Clark so they can knock it off with the ageism/sexism

Outside of Kate Bosworth, has there actually been an actress for Lois who was younger than the actor playing Clark?

Anyway, I kind of like the idea of Nicholas Hoult as Lex Luthor, but not so much for SupermanS 

Edited by WittyUsername

48 minutes ago, cax16 said:

not much to add except the apex Luthor part. 

Kroll says Elordi is still in contention for Superman. Also pretty obvious that Bradley Cooper was the first choice for Lex

• Like 2

6 hours ago, filmlover said:

Corenswet getting it would be rather predictable but at the same time he's neither anything close to a household name or a total "who?" either (already having a few high profile projects under his belt) so his career would benefit from this should he ultimately land the part (from the sounds of it, he's already moving to the screen test stage).

DC would be a solid choice for sure. TBH DC, Hoult, and Elordi could all be in play for a number of different DC roles. 

6 hours ago, filmlover said:

Just hoping they don't make the Kate Bosworth mistake of going too young with Lois.

She would have been passable if they didn't make the character supposedly like 35. She looked like she was 20. But yeah she was pretty clearly not the best choice for that variation of the character.

Routh and Spacey 100% had it in the to totally nail their character, the script just sucked. 

6 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

@excel1 why is your boy and his management team slacking like this?

Elordi is one of several strong choices for Superman but clearly has the most direct pull with the younger Gen Z crowd.

5 hours ago, Maggie said:

Why is everybody assuming Elordi wants to play supes that'd tie him down to the role  for the most lucrative part of his career? Maybe he doesn't want that type of career. And about Chalamet @I Am Eric, i remember him saying that his idol Leo DiCaprio advised him not to take on superhero roles. The same thing maybe Elordi is thinking.

Ask my boy Josh Hartnett how that worked out. Not even kidding. Josh was also way more famous and in demand than Elordi currently is when he passed on the project. Elordi would be an utter fool if the chance to play Superman is there and he passes on it for the reason stated in bold. 

Edited by excel1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cax16 said:

not much to add except the apex Luthor part. 

They misunderstood, it's for a giant spider because spiders are the apex predators in the insect kingdom.

Or maybe a polar bear because they are the apex predators in the animal kingdom.

• Haha 2

DanielRPK says that Hoult is not in the running for Superman, they talked, but he's not a good fit. He is in the running for Lex.

Apex is the grid name for a hero, not Lex.. The full grid name is "Captain Apex". They are specifically looking for a black actor.

Corenswet is more than likely going to be the next Superman based on the 4 people who are in the running.

Edited by TestPattern

Watch this stuff long enough and one really does see history repeat itself.

Much of Twitter is hating on the thought of Elordi in the role due to past roles. Too much of a pretty boy or too much of a cold villain type. It never ends. They will never learn.

4 minutes ago, cax16 said:

All this info was a cool surprise on a day you don’t normally expect to get this stuff on, looking forward to hearing more stuff in the coming weeks/months. 

I'm convinced the entire cast will be revealed at SDCC. Or most of the principal cast at least since I think Luthor won't be the main antagonist

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I'm convinced the entire cast will be revealed at SDCC. Or most of the principal cast at least since I think Luthor won't be the main antagonist

Ya as I mentioned earlier in the thread I hope they go big with casting and other things at sdcc. I don’t need other project announcements but the main Superman cast and then maybe some other castings and directors attached to other projects.