CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

2 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I’m not one to buy twitter ‘insiders’ talk, but I do think Margot could happen. And I think makes sense, both for Marvel and DC Studios, and most of all to Robbie. Gunn already said that he doesn’t have plans for Suicide Squad whatsoever in the future, it makes sense for her to make the jump.

Or she could just not do more superhero stuff and stick to being one of the most in-demand actresses in hollywood?

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

Let's all keep in mind that we do NOT know the plot of this film. Just because they're casting a Lex Luthor does NOT mean he's the villain of the film. 

I could almost guarantee that he isn’t. If we hear that they are going with Metallo or Bizarro then it’s a given, but even in that case he would be a villain and not ‘the’ villain. I wouldn’t be surprised if Superman tackles a bunch of them, Lobo included. We will know soon enough, I imagine that unless the strike goes for much longer, film starts rolling at the beginning of next year or so.

6 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I could almost guarantee that he isn’t. If we hear that they are going with Metallo or Bizarro then it’s a given, but even in that case he would be a villain and not ‘the’ villain. I wouldn’t be surprised if Superman tackles a bunch of them, Lobo included. We will know soon enough, I imagine that unless the strike goes for much longer, film starts rolling at the beginning of next year or so.

I mean just look at Gunn's villains in his other CBMs...

GOTG - Ronan

GOTG2 - Ego the Living Planet

GOTG3 - High Evolutionary

TSS - Starro

Peacemaker - the Butterflies

My dude likes weird villains.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ChipDerby said:

I mean just look at Gunn's villains in his other CBMs...

GOTG - Ronan

GOTG2 - Ego the Living Planet

GOTG3 - High Evolutionary

TSS - Starro

Peacemaker - the Butterflies

My dude likes weird villains.

Also I’d like to point out that Gunn has a thing about making multiple threats going at same time: Vol. 1: Ronan, Nova Corps and Ravagers; Vol. 2: Ego the Living Planet, Ravagers and the Sovereign people; Vol. 3: High Asshole Evolutionary, Adam Warlock and the Sovereign people; TSS: Starro, Corto Maltese’s militias and U.S. government via Peacemaker / Waller; the Butterflies, Peacemaker’s nazist dad and his goons.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think Lex will be more like The Penguin in The Batman, significant role but not the main villain. I think Brainiac would make sense to be the first major big bad.

I don’t think it’s Brainiac. Then again we have several versions of Brainiac and I could be way off. Brainiac wasn’t used before but I’d argue that at least some beats of the usual Brainiac plot points did get used on Man or Steel, what with Brainiac hunting down the last son of Krypton and etc, you could argue that the whole codex beats from MoS are all Brainiac beats. Then again like I’ve said, there are several versions of that story throughout Superman’s history.

10 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I’m pretty sure I heard rumors that Braniac would be in this. 

I heard rumblings about Lobo, but the only confirmed villain we know so far it’s Luthor. With modern Superman having Luthor and Metropolis as synonymous - he’s basically evil Bruce Wayne - that always made sense to me.