CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

2 hours ago, Speedorito said:

I’m sorry but this looks really AI generated somehow. And I’m saying this as someone who hates when people throw out “AI generated” willy-nilly.

It's that ugly ass plain wall. The bg is probably AI generated dunno

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

The reply nobody was waiting for

But you know was coming.

I always presumed that Snydercult would Hate this movie.

Edited by dudalb

Definitely looks different, will need to see it in action. wtf is that thing in the sky

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

GM6GDvCXQAABqJs?format=jpg&name=large

I like it.

It needed to be recognizably Superman (It is) but also give off its own vibe that I haven't seen before (It does) and not remind me of Reeve, Routh and Cavill (It doesn't).

General public will look at it and go "Yeah... that looks like Superman" and move on.

But that's the easy part. The hard part is the questions this all raises.

What's the story? How is Corenswet gonna play this version of Superman? What's the hook? How is Gunn going to justify the umpteenth reboot of Superman on film?

That's all that matters to me as a fan of the Superman lore.

Way too soon to know either or. But my gut feeling is... this might very win next summer (domestically). But again... too soon. We'll see.

Edited by filmnerdjamie
  • Like 1

I feel like now that The Flash and Aquaman 2 are behind us, the internet should really move on from talking about Snyder fans. Do we need to be told what Snyder fans think after every piece of news drops? If Superman flops will that be blamed on Snyder fans? If it’s a huge success will that somehow be recontextualized to somehow be about Snyder fans too?

It’s time to put that behind us.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Speedorito said:

I feel like now that The Flash and Aquaman 2 are behind us, the internet should really move on from talking about Snyder fans. Do we need to be told what Snyder fans think after every piece of news drops? If Superman flops will that be blamed on Snyder fans? If it’s a huge success will that somehow be recontextualized to somehow be about Snyder fans too?

It’s time to put that behind us.

So very true.

Posted (edited)

If those Snyder dweebs had any ounce of power, then none of his films would have under-performed like they consistently have. In some cases, outright flopped like Sucker Punch and Legend of the Guardians.

He hasn't had an unquestionable hit since 300.

I am all for ignoring him and his cult as the industry at large clearly has...

Edited by filmnerdjamie

Moderation

You guys complaining about Snyder fans for no reason isn't any better than what Snyder fans are saying. If you aren't fond of certain DC fans, just ignore them. You really don't need to subtweet or get mad at random people. Please stay on topic.

• Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1