CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

Just now, Maggie said:

Yet, WB continued to trust Snyder to give him Justice League.  *shakes head*

Not exactly. WB gave him JL before BvS was released. By the time BvS came out, JL was just a few weeks away from filming. WB didn’t fire him because it would’ve looked bad to their investors, so they kept him on board, but put him on a tighter leash. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, excel1 said:

WTF was The Rock talking about at DC Fandome ?

He was talking about money.  Which there may still be in Black Adam facing Superman... the only question is...which Superman will it be?  😂  I'd be fine with The Rock vs. Cavill as his last big blowout...  but considering Black Adam is just about to shoot... they'll have to decide soon... 

Otherwise, yes, Warners has been talking about this kind of reboot internally for a loooooong time. 

It's going to happen.  

Edited by Macleod

Rege Jean Page is going to be Supes or Bond. You know it. No one exploded like him last year. I wished he didn't sign up for Dungeons&Dragons cause that's gonna suck but you just know he's destined for a major role after Bridgerton put him on the map. No offense to some other suggestions here but Superman should be classically handsome. So if it isn't MBJ than RJP. he has the square jaw and the ripped body for Supes.

Hope Strengthens, Fear Kills — REGÉ-JEAN PAGE as Simon Basset BRIDGERTON  |...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

At this point, I’m gonna second that motion, but maybe this movie can still be good.  Just don’t let J.J. Abrams direct it. 

My gut feeling tells me that's not happening.  They will look for someone diverse to direct, as well.  

Be curious whether or not they change Clark Kent's race or it's a different character. They did use the word "reboot" to describe The Suicide Squad when it clearly is a sequel but this one seems at least more definite that it will not continue Cavill's Superman which is a bummer IMO. 

Not against a POC for Superman but I do think there's plenty other POC characters in the DC pantheon I would rather see before changing Superman. They already squandered Cyborg for starters. 

Abrams is producing but I suspect he'll end up directing which I'm kinda over him overseeing franchises like make something original dude.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Be curious whether or not they change Clark Kent's race or it's a different character. They did use the word "reboot" to describe The Suicide Squad when it clearly is a sequel but this one seems at least more definite that it will not continue Cavill's Superman which is a bummer IMO. 

Not against a POC for Superman but I do think there's plenty other POC characters in the DC pantheon I would rather see before changing Superman. They already squandered Cyborg for starters. 

Abrams is producing but I suspect he'll end up directing which I'm kinda over him overseeing franchises like make something original dude.

There are two different black people who have donned the Superman name in the comics, so there’s really no need to make Clark Kent black. 

• Like 1

I just realized that Coates specifically used the term “DC Extended Universe” when referring to this film. I don’t know if that actually means anything, but it is interesting that he used that. So far, that’s the one thing that would potentially suggest this isn’t actually a reboot. 

• Like 2

Abrams confirmed it. It better be the best movie since sliced bread because fan response will be severely muted if it isn't Cavill.

Edited by excel1
  • Like 2