Filmovie

Weekend Numbers: Official Estimates - Fury: 23,5 mln - GG: 17,2 mln - TBOL: 17 mln - Best of Me: 10,2 mln

For a good romantic comedy check out About Time. That's a great one for the genre.

I wouldn't say that, while the father-son relationship is pretty good in the movie, the actual romantic story is pretty bad. Made worse when you realize that the guy basically manipulates the female lead into falling in love with him and marrying him.

• Like 1

Sony and QED’s Brad Pitt starring war picFury is on track to make anywhere from $8.9M to $9.2M Saturday for a estimated, revised three-day of around $23M+. In its third week of release, Fox and New Regency’s Gone Girl still had a lot of get up and go on date night rising about 38% today for a new, estimated three-day of about $17.6M; it passed $100M tonight. The animated newcomer The Book of Life from Fox and Reel FX should bring in around $7M today for a total gross of anywhere between $16.8M and $17M+. This film takes place on the Mexican holiday Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) and is being advertised as a Halloween film. With no other family fare bowing until Nov. 7th and with a solid A- CinemaScore, it will play right through. This fun romp still has another big family movie going day tomorrow.

• Like 2

In fourth place, is another family-friendly film from Disney, Alexander (and the too lengthy title) took in around $5.2M today and is looking more like a $11.5M haul in its second weekend, which means it is holding pretty darn well. It should drop only around 37%. It appears that Relativity’s romancer The Best of Me will end up rounding out the Top Five with anywhere from $10.5M to $12.5M. This is drawing younger females who are likely dragging in their boyfriends for date night. Sorry, guys. We’re also hearing that Birdman from Fox Searchlight and New Regency is ruffling feathers in theaters with another strong night tonight. Pretty cool that New Regency, under the tutelage of Arnon Milchan and Brad Weston, has two very talked about movies in this weekend box office report. Well done.

• Like 3

I wouldn't say that, while the father-son relationship is pretty good in the movie, the actual romantic story is pretty bad. Made worse when you realize that the guy basically manipulates the female lead into falling in love with him and marrying him.

Isn't that how relationships work in actuality though?

Sony and QED’s Brad Pitt starring war picFury is on track to make anywhere from $8.9M to $9.2M Saturday for a estimated, revised three-day of around $23M+. 

Ouch.

Mrs Wrath and I are dying to see this when it opens here.

Edited by Wrath