Interstellar  

194 members have voted

1. 1. Interstellar

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Why would that be the problem spot? Once he's inside the tesseract, he's basically outside space and time; they could drop him back in our universe in any time.

Not really - the premise was that gravitational waves can travel backwards through time, hence the story at all (ghost, tesseract ...). If they'd be able to drop him anywhen/anywhere, they could drop anything anywhen.

Why not?

I was gonna say something about the work of the 5D beings, but perhaps even smaller than that, why would the station be orbiting around Saturn right where the wormhole used to be if it's gone? And the previous question, why would Murph send him away if they had lost access to the other galaxy?

I was gonna say something about the work of the 5D beings, but perhaps even smaller than that, why would the station be orbiting around Saturn right where the wormhole used to be if it's gone? And the previous question, why would Murph send him away if they had lost access to the other galaxy?

From what we know, the doctor said Cooper was found by one of their ships. That doesn't mean the station was somewhere near Saturn, unless they mentioned it and I missed it.

Also, there's no reason not to believe that with the info Cooper sent back from the black hole, ships that could reach extremely high speeds through space weren't invented.

From what we know, the doctor said Cooper was found by one of their ships. That doesn't mean the station was somewhere near Saturn, unless they mentioned it and I missed it.

Also, there's no reason not to believe that with the info Cooper sent back from the black hole, ships that could reach extremely high speeds through space weren't invented.

Pretty sure we see Saturn when he emerges. Or at least it's implied he travels back through the wormhole to where Saturn is with the handshake thing.

Pretty sure we see Saturn when he emerges. Or at least it's implied he travels back through the wormhole to where Saturn is with the handshake thing.

Yeah, as I said. A ship FOUND HIM NEAR SATURN. You don't know if the station itself is near Saturn.

Edited by ChD

Which is just one of the many reasons T3 is shit.

It literally went from "No Fate" to "It's Exactly Fate" from one movie to the next.

It's not "No Fate," it's "No Fate But What We Make," and T3's message lines up comfortably with T1's about the inevitability of humans fucking with AI to our detriment.

What I got out of that interview was that Jonathan Nolan wasn't entirely onboard with what Chris did to his script but is a good sport in trying to sell it. Just way he answered some of the questions.

I remember a quote in twitter. It goes like this...

Spielberg passed on directing the Nolan bros' #Interstellar script. My source says "Spielberg's going to shoot himself when he sees it."

Wow...what a noisy bluff.

I think Nolan made a much better movie than Spielberg would have.

• Like 1