Olive

Avengers: Age of Ultron OS Thread | $945.7M OS | $1.405B WW

this weekend furious 7 was hit hard bcos last weekend was a holiday weekend. its still playing in all big markets plus few leggy markets in LA. I am sure its making 1.15B OS. China will add couple of million tomorrow and it needs < 20m to reach there. Will do that over next month. But I doubt its beating Avengers 1 WW.

What does Furious 7's weekly gross look like when we Subtract China's share?

This weekend was horrible bcos its coming of a holiday weekend. Next weekend will be good. leggy markets tend to hold better startng 3rd weekend. Pitch Perfect will impact in few markets but Avengers will have open run until Jurassic World opens in 4 weeks. So 45% average drops should happen.

? Mad Max opens opens in all major markets except for Brazil and Japan next weekend. Big action spectacle. I don't know for other places, but it will be more competition for AoU than Pitch Perfect is. And the week after that Tomorrowland opens in most places. The weekend after that San Andreas opens in most countries, another big action spectacle. And after that JW.

Edited by James

? Mad Max opens opens in all major markets except for Brazil and Japan next weekend. Big action spectacle. I don't know for other places, but it will be more competition for AoU than Pitch Perfect is. And the week after that Tomorrowland opens in most places. The weekend after that San Andreas opens in most countries, another big action spectacle. And after that JW.

Domestically maybe but I think all those apart from San Andreas will be meh overseas. 

Ultron is now playing in 90 territories, about 72% of its international footprint. China is up on May 12 and Japan follows on July 4. Hungary and Poland were new this frame. The top offshore play is still Korea with $74M to date, followed by the UK at $61.5M and Mexico with $39.8M. Rounding out the Top 5 are Brazil ($37.2M) and Russia ($30.9M).

• Like 3

Ultron is now playing in 90 territories, about 72% of its international footprint. China is up on May 12 and Japan follows on July 4. Hungary and Poland were new this frame. The top offshore play is still Korea with $74M to date, followed by the UK at $61.5M and Mexico with $39.8M. Rounding out the Top 5 are Brazil ($37.2M) and Russia ($30.9M).

Mexico added $14.3m between Monday and Sunday, quite impressive: )

this weekend furious 7 was hit hard bcos last weekend was a holiday weekend. its still playing in all big markets plus few leggy markets in LA. I am sure its making 1.15B OS. China will add couple of million tomorrow and it needs < 20m to reach there. Will do that over next month. But I doubt its beating Avengers 1 WW.

But barring AOU having crazy legs in China, Furious 7 will win not just OS but also WW. That would be absolutely crazy. I all along thought Avengers will win the year WW. Now furious 7 is going to win the year. I am among those who do not believe SW brand is strong enough in expanding markets to compete with furious 7 or Avengers.

SW7 if good and breakout's it can win the year ww easily. I think with TA2 relative underperformance dom it has a strong chance of winning the dom crown this year as well as the ww crown the hype is huge so far. Still think TA 2 could edge FF7 ww thou.

Edited by TheAlmightySosa

FF7 will finish with

DOM: 350

China: 390

OS-C: 760

Total: 1.5B

AoU is looking to do:

DOM: 450

OS-CJ: 700

So China+Japan need to do 350M. Japan will probably do 25-30M, so China needs to do 325M. That's possible but very unlikely.

• Like 1