grim22

Wknd Estimates: Nolan = 50M | BH6 = 56M+(pg 72) (who cares, our forum lives!)

So he should join them again and make The Prestige 2

Alan Horn, the President of Walt Disney Studios, has a great relationship with Chris Nolan from the days when Horn was the head of Warner Bros. Studios. Maybe Nolan can be persuaded to make movies for Disney.

That international opening is not this great. It's only ten million more than John Carter in the same markets

Goddamn.

This is Gods will. He saw the filthy Nolanites and He took action.

The Lord is good.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 2

Considering it's a long film with no 3D, it's a decent opening. 

Alan Horn, the President of Walt Disney Studios, has a great relationship with Chris Nolan from the days when Horn was the head of Warner Bros. Studios. Maybe Nolan can be persuaded to make movies for Disney.

I don't think Nolan's film style would gel with Disney unless they brought back Touchstone.

The European and Asian markets seem OK but Latin America and South America openings really hurt it

Well, South America is in Latin America :P

More seriously this region really hurt it indeed, being under $4m OW in Brazil and Mexico is pretty bad for a blockbuster.

Considering it's a long film with no 3D, it's a decent opening.

I don't think Nolan's film style would gel with Disney unless they brought back Touchstone.

Do it under the Dreamworks/Touchstone label

Do it under the Dreamworks/Touchstone label

Disney don't own Dreamworks, it would have to be under Touchstone and given the pitiful performance of the last few Dreamworks film, it wouldn't surprise me if Disney drops them after their contract with them expires.