Olive

Weekend Numbers THG: 123, BH6 20.1, IS 15.1 pg 205

I will definitely see MJ1 in theaters, but I have no rush in doing it. It will probably happen sometime in the next 2 weekends since nothing that I want to see opens in those.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

Regardless of whether this does 350 or 300 it's still gravy n top of more gravy for LG. this will no doubt cover all costs to make both films at the same time still making a profit, leaving Part 2 all profit.

True, But a $100m drop is disappointing, no matter how you look at it. I mean I expected Mockingay to drop, but not that much.

• Like 1

Now that I've gotten over the initial "shock?" of the MockingJay decline, I'm trying to think rationally about this. 350 domestic and 480 overseas (830 worldwide) is a fantastic number, and isn't really a drop from CF WW.

Maybe MockingJay is just a symbol for this box office dip 2014 has taken. It's no failure for Lionsgate, not for really anyone involved.

• Like 2

Wouldn't it be marvellous if SW7 underperforms...

320sw0sw7847.gif

No, i want Star Wars to take the top spot in 2015. While only being a casual fan of the (old) series (the prequels suck donkey balls), these new ones could be good. Some talent behind the camera. The Marvel universe is just so meh, forgettable, no characters to get invested in, adolescence power fantasy.

• Like 1