Olive

Weekend Numbers THG: 123, BH6 20.1, IS 15.1 pg 205

Now I'm very curious how DH1 and BD1 were able to stay so consistent with their previous films at the boxoffice, while MJ1 couldn't. :blink:

Potter has the most loyal fans in the history of box office. Potter box office was driven by its zillions of fans. THG box office relies on a lot of casual interest as well as fan loyalty. The fans showed up for this. But I'm assuming a lot of casual movie goers are not rushing out to see this as evidenced by the decent holds for other movies.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 2

Yes, but not enough to stop studios from doing it in the future.

Mind you, what huge YA series are there left to adapt?

It isn't a YA series, but the 50 Shades books seem like the next big thing. If that gets sequels, I'm expecting the final book to be split into two movies as well. <_<

I dreamt there was a super late-night update that MJ1 had way over performed and Lionsgate was claiming a 66.1m Friday. The thread was chaos: some people were flat-out disbelieving it and calling it worse than Puerto Rico, Kelli was handing out crow to everyone like you wouldn't believe, and even Rth popped in to say there'd be a mistake and a bunch of new, previously unseen data had suddenly come in.

In related news, I need a life.

• Like 15

I dreamt there was a super late-night update that MJ1 had way over performed and Lionsgate was claiming a 66.1m Friday. The thread was chaos: some people were flat-out disbelieving it and calling it worse than Puerto Rico, Kelli was handing out crow to everyone like you wouldn't believe, and even Rth popped in to say there'd be a mistake and a bunch of new, previously unseen data had suddenly come in.

You spent too much time in this thread yesterday. It affected your sanity.

Edited by ChD
  • Like 1

Yep. You dreamed about BOF. :lol:

• Like 3

Speaking of Star Wars. A member kindly informed me of the greatness of the movie from which your sig originated, lol.

:lol:

Which member was that?

And why do I feel like "kindly" is not at all accurate in this case? :lol:

• Like 1