Olive

Weekend Numbers THG: 123, BH6 20.1, IS 15.1 pg 205

Do the blankment likes finally end when we switch to a new forum in December?

"blankments likes this" coming in about 3 seconds

edit: I was correct, I am God

Edited by treeroy
  • Like 1

Apparently Expendables 3 was the mega bomb this year. 190M production budget? That can't be right.

http://www.thewrap.com/2014-was-the-year-of-few-flops-but-guess-the-one-box-office-megabomb/

The 2014 box office is down about four percent from last year and ithas hit some historic lows along the way, but there's been just one megabudget movie bomb.

That would be “The Expendables 3,” the most recent installment in Sly Stallone's bad-ass geezer action series from Avi Lerner‘s Millennium Films and Nu Image. It had a $190 million production budget but opened to just $15.8 million in August, after a hacked version of the film was leaked online weeks before it opened. It limped to $39 million domestically for distributor Lionsgate, but did better overseas with $167 million.

This year stands in stark contrast to 2013, which was the biggest box-office year in history but still saw several very pricey would-be blockbusters take major belly flops. Disney's “The Lone Ranger,” Sony's “After Earth” and “White House Down” and Universal's “R.I.P.D.” all cost well over $100 million and didn't get close to the black theatrically.