CoolioD1

Weekend Actuals: Mockingjay - $121,897,634 (It Went SO Wrong!)

I shed no tears for a film that is 15th highest opener, will likely cross 300 million and make another 450-500 million internationally.

Come on DAR, we all know you've been bawling your eyes out since those weekend estimates were released.

By the way guys, if this year is meant to signal that audiences are truly abandoning going to the movie theater, next year is going to be the most brutal thing ever as we watch some of the most hyped releases in years/ever get massacred in under-performance. I may need a defibrillator by next December.

Avengers 2 is too big to fail.

Bottom line, I think Mockingjay 1 was hurt by a lack of advertising. I guess Lionsgate figured they didn't need it, but they did. Most people are casual moviegoers and not hardcore fans. They need to know the movie is coming out. I can't even tell you how many I've talked to about MJ this week and they were like "It's coming out this weekend?" 

I also agree about the Part 1 in the title. Casual moviegoers know that means it's half a book with no real ending. They should have come up with a subtitle instead.

I liked Godzilla, but my opinion decreased when I watched it again at home. I would give it a B/B+ where as my initial grade was an A. Wouldn't make my top 20 since this was such a strong year for films I think.