CoolioD1

Weekend Actuals: Mockingjay - $121,897,634 (It Went SO Wrong!)

It silly to act like things such as a film's box office run is subject to statistical certainties. Circumstances always vary  

I don't mean to sound condescending but if you believe what you're saying, I'm not sure why you are on this forum :P

(p.s. no one is talking about "certainties")

• Like 3

actually it will probably need a 2.73 or 2.74 multiplier by the time GOTG is done

I was basing it on it's current total which is close enough.

Childish? Those are definitely up in the air at this point.

The last one needs a miracle in order for that to happen IMO.

If MJ1 follows CF exactly from here on, it will finish with 321.6m.

If MJ1 follows DH1 exactly from here on, it will finish with 297.9m.

GOTG is most likely winning the year.

It kinda sucks because it'd be the lowest grossing #1 in some years, but on the other hand it's kinda awesome cos it's one of my favs of the year and certainly way better thann mockingjay.

• Like 6

If MJ1 follows CF exactly from here on, it will finish with 321.6m.

If MJ1 follows DH1 exactly from here on, it will finish with 297.9m.

GOTG is most likely winning the year.

Huh? If it follows DH1, it'll finish with $288m.

• Like 1

Multi will be between 2.5-2.8x, of that I'm sure. Too bad that still sucks with that OW.

I would not be sure of anything at this point after it came in about $10-15m lower than anyone's rock bottom expectations for opening weekend. The holidays should help, but I don't think WOM is that good for this one compared to the previous movies.

I'd reckon its first weekend was more families and it started hitting CF's demo later in the run when its steam died off

yeah that's probably true. My friends and I are probably the exception (we saw Frozen OW   and we we were 20   :ph34r:)  

Edited by ban1o

I would not be sure of anything at this point after it came in about $10-15m lower than anyone's rock bottom expectations for opening weekend. The holidays should help, but I don't think WOM is that good for this one compared to the previous movies.

Well I don't think 2.5x would be a "good" multi at all for this franchise, so that's why I went that low.

Multi will be between 2.5-2.8x, of that I'm sure. Too bad that still sucks with that OW.

Nope. You're still hoping it'll end up doing that well? I mean, the weekend already proved to you that it doesn't have the word of mouth like the previous movie, so you can exclude the multiplier when it failed to do that on opening weekend. Anyway, I say it'll follow Deathly Hallows Part 1 from here, especially since it kinda did in it's OW. 285-290M seems about right.

Well I don't think 2.5x would be a "good" multi at all for this franchise, so that's why I went that low.

I am not sure it will get to a 2.5 even with the holidays helping it. The movie has already managed to blow away our expectations in a bad way, so it wouldn't be that surprising to see that continue.

Huh? If it follows DH1, it'll finish with $288m.

Basing my calculations on Sunday figure, not the whole weekend. Sunday for MJ1 was around 3% higher than DH1, so if it remains 3% above DH1 for the rest of the run, it will finish with 298m.

Nope. You're still hoping it'll end up doing that well? I mean, the weekend already proved to you that it doesn't have the word of mouth like the previous movie, so you can exclude the multiplier when it failed to do that on opening weekend. Anyway, I say it'll follow Deathly Hallows Part 1 from here, especially since it kinda did in it's OW. 285-290M seems about right.

Um, it followed CF's OW holds nearly to a fault, except for a slightly larger Sunday drop. So again, enlighten me on these facts that WOM is so clearly worse. That remains to be seen.

Edited by MovieMan89