CoolioD1

Weekend Actuals: Mockingjay - $121,897,634 (It Went SO Wrong!)

Wow. If MJ1 opens to $120m, it will need at least a 2.5x multiplier just to hit $300m. Even that is going to be really difficult, IMO.

Pretty sure I said this on Friday and someone laughed...

• Like 1

And Divergent is splitting part 3 into two part finale as well. Hopefully, The Maze Runner doesn't follow suit and just keep theirs as a trilogy ala the original Star Wars trilogy.

If Allegiant happens you can bet it will be one movie only. 

• Like 2

Wow that's a really dumb reason to not watch it

Not really. My favorite part of the first season was the acting by McConaughey and Harrelson. It was a one-off season anyway and that's how I'm treating it. Besides, I don't even have HBO. I watched a couple episodes at my parents' house during a visit and then ended up torrenting the rest of the episodes as the season went on. Not doing that this time around.

• Like 1

It dropped more than expected domestically and it increased overseas. I'm saying it's not worth having a special WWW thread, not that we can't talk about it.

Didn't it only increase a small amount in some markets (like UK?)

I think you're making too many assumptions about it's final overall take.

LionsGate not announcing numbers until Stock Market closes today

This may be a good assumption. Lionsgate and Dreamworks movie performances are basically wedded to their stock prices since they are not as diversified as other studios.

Edited by grim22