grim22

Ready Player One | March 29, 2018 | Spielberg directing | No untagged spoilers allowed

1 hour ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

most of them

I hope you aren't gonna cry in the near future:hahaha:

Save that for yourself. If you think I want the movie to fail then you are so wrong.

Ok most of them are positive and only few of them are negative. Happy now? :hahaha:

Edited by The Dark Rock

2 hours ago, The Dark Rock said:

Save that for yourself. If you think I want the movie to fail then you are so wrong.

Ok most of them are positive and only few of them are negative. Happy now? :hahaha:

I've only seen one new negative review. Even the 3/5 reviews count as fresh on RT for those critics.

Edit: Oops, a couple I missed.

Edited by HockeyPads

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Had showings all over the U.K. last night but I couldn’t go. The retweets from the cinema chain twitter are all positive but they’re unlikely to retweet negative reactions lol. 

There was a secret screening at the same time at my cinema, I thought I was being smart by spending the £5 entry to see RPO in 2D rather than the free unlimited version in 3D only. Instead I got love simon. Sad times

7 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

There have been three negatives reviews in a row just now. Should that be concerning?

No, it's just clustering.

It's been apparent for a while that a significant chunk of reviewers will have a hostile reaction to the film.  Nothing to be concerned about unless it is a larger chunk than thought.

RT consensus and it's sitting at 79%

Critics Consensus: Ready Player One is a sweetly nostalgic thrill ride that neatly encapsulates Spielberg's strengths while adding another solidly engrossing adventure to his filmography.

Edited by 75Live
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, 75Live said:

RT consensus and it's sitting at 79%

Critics Consensus: Ready Player One is a sweetly nostalgic thrill ride that neatly encapsulates Spielberg's strengths while adding another solidly engrossing adventure to his filmography.

Lol, that's such a vague consensus. I could have stated about the movie months ago.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Someone in here some days ago said that the gaming references were targeted at the 70's, 80's gamer. I've just read the list of references and it actually targets all of the last 30 years, anyone whose a gamer will understand most of them. So who've thought that, they were wrong.

not really a spoiler but I'll spoiler it anyway, just movie reference not in the trailers

Hide contents

a Na'Vi appears :shades:

Spoiler

Not surprising, since Cameron and Spielberg are friends.