grim22

Ready Player One | March 29, 2018 | Spielberg directing | No untagged spoilers allowed

6 hours ago, Jessie said:

I cried watching Armageddon. People love that film as a cheesy emotional blockbuster

Michael bay can actually nail characters in his movies because he makes them like real life people with a sense of humour which is common in day to day life. Bad boys 1 & 2, Armageddon and transformers 1 are very popular movies still to this day and id say this is down to how he treats the characters.

You dont like him,  i can respect that, but to call one of the biggest directors in hollywood who has proven time and time again to be popular with general audiences looking to be entertained for a few hours a hack is simply wrong

Yup, he's not the best, but there's a reason Spielberg and Nolan like him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shayhiri said:

This is a terrible, TERRIBLE year for movies. Like most even numbered ones - only WORSE!!

We got two good movies (second half of May) - and that's it!! For a whole fucking year!!

Fuck!!

What? :sparta:

I haven't seen this Spielberg shit here - but the trailers STINK to high heaven. Ugliest movie I've seen in years (the Oasis parts). Has Spielberg lost his mind altogether, thinking CGI's back in the 80ies now again, lol??

No way this is good. And Spielberg's name means nothing - it evens spells trouble, after the never-ending row of disgustingly mediocre movies this millennium.

I am much more pumped for Tomb Raider (tomorrow! :) ), which also has a terrible trailer - but I believe the people here who saw it and claim that the WB idiots just messed up the marketing. It just makes sense.

While with Fuck you, Player One! I will be totally surprised if it's worth anything. Ugly useless nerd circle-jerk mess!!

Edited by shayhiri
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Well, name me one good movie apart from Deadpool and Solo.

You people lack class.

* The Shape of Water is already in the past - and the Oscar is gone.

While I'm sure those movies will be decent to argue that BP and IW won't be/aren't good is just silly.

Avengers 3 will most probably be worse than 1 and 2. And since 1 and especially 2 were nothing to write home about... you get the picture? It's mathematically proven that it is impossible to make a good ensemble superhero movie. Marvel can make good stand-alones, but that's it. And Avengers 3 has the most absurd line up ever, so they are clearly shooting themselves in the foot. WITH A GATLING GUN!!

Still gonna see it, of course, 2 or 3 times - but it will be much worse than most other Marvel movies.

Black Panther is OK. Saw it last night for the third and final time, even took my girlfriend with me. Best part about it was exactly how different it was from most other SH movies.

HOWEVER: it is terribly over hyped and unjustly carried as revolutionary flag, and OMG, how MANY black people live in America??!! 100 million?? LOL! This will make more than Star Wars!! Of course, Episode 8 being the catastrophic fuck-up Rian Pooper made it to be - most movies will be better and more successful than it. :)

Haha.

Edited by shayhiri

Would we not consider GotG ensemble..... and I guess Ragnarok only had 2 with a cameo from a 3rd major hero. Really last year could pretty easily be seen as prep work for bringing all the character together since none of them were really solo movies.

50 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Well, name me one good movie apart from Deadpool and Solo.

You people lack class.

* The Shape of Water is already in the past - and the Oscar is gone.

Deadpool and class :hahaha:

2sJIwzMbJrQGh4lfqFjfApnCn0rtuA1SZfu5jEwx

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, shayhiri said:

Avengers 3 will most probably be worse than 1 and 2. And since 1 and especially 2 were nothing to write home about... you get the picture? It's mathematically proven that it is impossible to make a good ensemble superhero movie. Marvel can make good stand-alones, but that's it. And Avengers 3 has the most absurd line up ever, so they are clearly shooting themselves in the foot. WITH A GATLING GUN!!

Still gonna see it, of course, 2 or 3 times - but it will be much worse than most other Marvel movies.

Black Panther is OK. Saw it last night for the third and final time, even took my girlfriend with me. Best part about it was exactly how different it was from most other SH movies.

HOWEVER: it is terribly over hyped and unjustly carried as revolutionary flag, and OMG, how MANY black people live in America??!! 100 million?? LOL! This will make more than Star Wars!! Of course, Episode 8 being the catastrophic fuck-up Rian Pooper made it to be - most movies will be better and more successful than it. :)

Haha.

I can't take people seriously when they talk like this. I mean, the maturity is just oozing from this post....

4 minutes ago, JB33 said:

I can't take people seriously when they talk like this. I mean, the maturity is just oozing from this post....

I don't think you're meant to take the Shay seriously. He's sorta like a joke account I guess.