grim22

10 Cloverfield Lane | 3.11.2016 | Walking Dead TV Spot on Page 15 | Tickets on Sale Now!

• Community Manager
On 2/22/2016 at 10:06 AM, Stringer Bell Theory said:

It doesn't matter if people leave disappointed. Putting Cloverfield in the title means they'll at least quadruple that 5m budget OW. It could fall off a cliff after that and the studio won't care.

You mean quite literally like the first movie? Struggled to even have a 2.0 multiplier.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

And there were a lot of ideas [for a follow-up] – at one point there was this really big idea for doing three different things at once. A lot of things were thrown around. But we now live in that post-Godzilla, post-Pacific Rim era where those movies have been made, so what would we do?

Exactly.

I'm glad it's not Cloverfield 2.

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Toxic WOM incoming.

Hmm, he referred that there wasn't an absence of... them (no direct spoiling, folks), so I think people may sorta forgive the no-show of you know who.

Plus, if it's a good movie for what it is, people will probably like it. Sure, the younger, less movie cherishing, more bombastic monster mash type stuff audience will be like ZOMFGFUCKTHISCLOVERBITCH cause of reasons that have already been mentioned, but it won't have toxic WOM if it's GOOD. But then again, unfortunately, The Witch was very critically acclaimed, but audiences hated it because they were expecting something different just because it's a horror film. Proving that audience does tend to judge a book by its cover. But on the other hand, despite the non double digit breaking OW, The Witch has been doing acceptable weekday numbers for what it's worth... who knows.

Hopefully the same type of audience reaction doesn't happen here, though. Please

• Like 1

well the article/interview really didn't say anything new or anything we didn't know from other news already, so it really didn't change anything for me in regards about still not seeing this :P 

Edited by 75live
  • Like 1

Just now, MCKillswitch123 said:

No, it will not be glorious at all. Cause I say so. I fucking say so, Goddammit..... I don't want this movie to bomb :(

It cost 5M. It will have a big OD. Don't worry, it won't bomb. The drops are gonna be epic, tho.

Just now, CJohn said:

It cost 5M. It will have a big OD. Don't worry, it won't bomb. The drops are gonna be epic, tho.

Did it really? Considering the supposedly heavy sci-fi presence, I think there's gotta be a little more than 5M there. Don't forget the 1st Cloverfield cost 25M to make, despite the found footage style. Yeah, there was a lot of destruction, but even still, it felt relatively low budget (at least in comparision w/the average monster movie). 10CL probably won't cost anywhere near as much as that, but I still find 5M to be suspect.

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Did it really? Considering the supposedly heavy sci-fi presence, I think there's gotta be a little more than 5M there. Don't forget the 1st Cloverfield cost 25M to make, despite the found footage style. Yeah, there was a lot of destruction, but even still, it felt relatively low budget (at least in comparision w/the average monster movie). 10CL probably won't cost anywhere near as much as that, but I still find 5M to be suspect.

At most they spent 5M more with the reshoots. 10M budget. Big profit. Another movie in 8 years :P 

• Like 1