iceroll

BOT's Top 100 TV Shows of All Time - COUNTDOWN COMPLETE! (Top 20 Time! Starts p.17)

#9 Friends (-1 rank) - 522 Points

KVrl274.png
IMDB Rating:
TBdgS5s.png
Aired: 1994-2005 (NBC)
Episodes: 236
Genre: Comedy
List Trivia: Friends is the second highest ranked NBC show in the Top 100, out of 21. Its 26.1 average score is the lowest in the Top 10, and it's also the first show to receive 20 more more votes.
Storyline: When Monica's high school friend (Rachel) re-enters her life, she sets off on a series of humorous and entertaining events involving Monica's brother (Ross), her ex-roommate (Phoebe), and her next door neighbors (Chandler & Joey)
Show quote:
Rachel: See? Unisex.
Joey: Maybe *you* need sex. I just had it a few days ago.
Rachel: No, Joey, U-N-I-sex.
Joey: I wouldn't say no to that.
Show Trivia:
When Matt LeBlanc auditioned for the role he only had $11 dollars to his name. When the cast got their paychecks, the first thing that Courteney Cox bought was a car. Matt LeBlanc bought a hot dinner.

Episode Ratings:
poDPWXo.png

Opening Theme:

http://youtu.be/sLisEEwYZvw

tumblr_m5r847wxnM1qfggsro1_500.gif

tumblr_m5r847wxnM1qfggsro2_500.gif

Show Clip [spoiler warning] (new to Top 10):

• Like 12

#8 South Park (-1 rank) - 530 Points

tlb0vXG.jpg
IMDB Rating:
qzzwyfH.png
Aired: 1997-ongoing (Comedy Central)
Episodes: 257
List Trivia: South Park is the highest ranking (and only) Comedy Central show in the Top 100. In the Top 20, it is the second highest ranking animated comedy, and it has the second highest number of episodes. It is also the only show in the Top 10 to not receive any #3 or higher rankings from any list, although it was nominated in 19 submissions.
Storyline: Follows the misadventures of four irreverent grade-schoolers in the quiet, dysfunctional town of South Park, Colorado.
Show quote:
Cartman: I'm not fat, I'm big-boned.
Stan: No, Jay Leno's chin is big-boned. You are a big fat ass.
Show Trivia:
Cartman's mom is named Liane after Trey Parker's former fiancée. He caught her with another man, and so he named the promiscuous character after her.
BOT User Quote:
Matt and Trey's philosophy has always been that everything needs to be made fun of. If something upsets you....just switch off the episode. 
-Spottswoode, 2011

Episode Ratings:
HGiZkbH.png

Opening Theme:

http://youtu.be/7XKY66PKzCw

tumblr_lsv0g1kXnq1r2lvawo1_500.gif

tumblr_m6c1ksY6YQ1r9kowko1_400.gif

http://youtu.be/34lGHWmPmuA

• Like 14

#7 Arrested Development (+22 ranks) - 551 Points

iZsXEQl.jpg
IMDB Rating:
fmwUZ1x.png
Aired: 2003-2006/2013 (Fox/Netflix)
Episodes: 68
List Trivia: Arrested Development makes the biggest jump from the previous list, bounding 22 ranks to #7. It is the second highest ranking Fox show and the highest ranking Netflix show. It received one #1 ranking.
Storyline: Level-headed son Michael Bluth takes over family affairs after his father is imprisoned. But the rest of his spoiled, dysfunctional family are making his job unbearable.
Show quote:
Tobias Fünke: So what are your plans for this evening?
Bob Loblaw: I thought that maybe I would stay in and work on my law blog.
Tobias Fünke: Ah, yes. The "Bob Loblaw Law Blog". You, sir, are a mouthful.
Show Trivia:
Ron Howard''s role as the narrator was accidental. He was merely filling in on the pilot and his voice just "worked".
BOT User Quote:
Yeah, the pilot is filled with a lot of information but what's great about Arrested Development is how the jokes evolved. They get introduced in one episode and you laugh because it's funny...but then the series will find ways to make the same joke again and it somehow becomes funnier each and every single time without it diminishing. It's basically a series that "built-up" it's comedy and I think part of the reason Arrested Development was canceled after three seasons is because honestly, it's a show that's meant for marathon-viewing in a way most comedies aren't since it's mostly a comedy of running gags building on top of each other.

I wouldn't expect Arrested Development to be like Community, ever. Arrested Development was hilarious but the character development was minimal and it lacked a heart. Which is fine: Arrested Development wasn't trying to be sweet or even comfortable. Expecting it to be like Community is expecting it to be something it doesn't even want to be.
-Water Bottle, 2013

Episode Ratings:
a7hw2Wx.png
(Oh season 4...)

Opening Theme:

tumblr_mamwgg2nOK1ql0l7mo1_500.gif

tumblr_mamwgg2nOK1ql0l7mo2_500.gif

Edited by iceroll
  • Like 10

#6 Lost (+3 ranks) - 558 Points

D4pw8mx.jpg
IMDB Rating:
FC2Ll5a.png
Aired: 2004-2010 (ABC)
Episodes: 121
Genre: Drama
List Trivia: Lost is the highest ranking ABC show, out of the six that made it into the Top 100. It has the lowest average in the Top 10, and is the only show in the Top 5 that didn't receive a #1 placement from anyone.
Storyline: The survivors of a plane crash are forced to work together in order to survive on a seemingly deserted tropical island.
Show quote:
Boone: Red shirt. You ever watch Star Trek?
Locke: No, not really.
Boone: The crew guys that would go down to the planet with the main guys, the captain and the guy with the pointy ears, they always wore red shirts and they always got killed.
Locke: Yeah?
Boone: Yeah.
Locke: Sounds like a piss poor captain.
Show Trivia:
4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42 all added together equal 108, the total of minutes left to enter those very numbers into the computer each time, and the number of days that the castaways spent on the island before the Oceanic Six were rescued.
BOT User Quote:
:angry: There's lots of internet hate toward the show. I understand the sentiment, but nonetheless it's a great, groundbreaking series. Heads up, though: don't sweat all the crazy mysteries and expect everything to be answered. Many things aren't, and some of the ones that are end up being more prosaic and less interesting than when they were mysterious and unknown. Watch it for the many great characters, some genius plotting, some wild twists, and just go on the whole crazy ride.

So many shows tried to imitate its twists and turns and cliffhangers, but they missed the most important ingredient: the reason all of that works in LOST is because of the characters and our emotional connection to them.
-Telemachos, 2013

Episode Ratings:
YWAHoCh.png

Opening Theme:

tumblr_inline_n2n5b00sw61rn4e3g.gif

tumblr_n3zql7XvjY1toamj8o1_500.gif

Edited by iceroll
  • Like 9