Olive

Tuesday night numbers: HOBBIT 3 - $11.2M

Ive been to a Tuesday opener and it was discountee. It might have been an AMC but I can assure u tickets are discounted on Tuesday.

I paid full price for my ticket last night. So I wouldn't use discount as a blanket statement for this number.

Can someone who is a fan of The Hobbit or LOTR movie series and no longer a teenager explain to me what it is about these movies that is compelling or interesting for you?  I am not trying to be rude - just curious what you find compelling about these movies.  To me, they have about as much depth as a He-Man vs. Skeletor cartoon.  Seems just fine for kids or teens, but I don't understand how so many 20-somethings/30-somethings/40-somethings find this stuff interesting.

I am not trying to be rude

You are doing a great job.

Btw, switch LOTR with comic-book movies and i would almost agree with you (there are actually a few good comic-book movies).

Edited by Elessar

Can someone who is a fan of The Hobbit or LOTR movie series and no longer a teenager explain to me what it is about these movies that is compelling or interesting for you?  I am not trying to be rude - just curious what you find compelling about these movies.  To me, they have about as much depth as a He-Man vs. Skeletor cartoon.  Seems just fine for kids or teens, but I don't understand how so many 20-somethings/30-somethings/40-somethings find this stuff interesting.

ugh, White people. amirite?

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 2

Says the guy that has a picture of a house from Divergent as his profile. 

• Like 2

He's off at work, so he can't post right now, but baumer liked it. He still has issues with the whole trilogy and aspects of BOFTA, but he enjoyed it, said it felt more like LOTR, and he was glad he saw it in theaters.

So baumer's view of the trilogy aligns perfectly with mine. =]

• Like 1

Sooo the RT score for Hobbit is at 60% now, when are they going to change the consensus? I'm happy that everyone saying TH3 would get a higher score than MJ1 can eat crow now.

Also, the ceremony for the Top 100 TV shows of All Time is starting now! Check it out here: http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/index.php?/topic/17145-bots-top-100-tv-shows-of-all-time-countdown/

• Like 2

I don't know, we will have to ask some college educated people to let us know.

• Like 2

What about "I grew up reading these novels and I have always dreamt to see them on the screen"? Today, people do not have that urgency since every successful franchise is adapted before you can even think about it. But Middle Earth stories were just books along 40-50 years until films were made. And waiting for Hobbit, most of us had ENORMOUS expectatives, since LOTR movies were masterpieces (specially FOTR) not only for fans, but for many other people. And of course, LOTR is considered one of the most important books of the 20th century, but Hobbit remains magical since it was the first and it is pure adventure. Another question is if the adaptation is good or not.

For the record, I am 34.

• Like 4