baumer

Wednesday Numbers (MI 8.5 SH2 6.5 Alvin 6.5 TinTin 4.2 DT 4.1)

Glad to see Sherlock already over the $100m mark even if the next $100m is going to be nearly impossible. However, that reported budget of $125m all but assures that a sequel will happen.Mission IV also continues to hold well. The sooner part 5 happens there the better as well imo.I'm one of the few not surprised by Tin Tin's domestic performance. Every time I see that dog food commercial tie-in with Snowy it reminds of this fims failure to connect despite trying.

Is it now to stick a fork in the Sherlock Holmes 2 part of the WWW thread? Because, it is looking increasingly apparent that not much of anything went wrong. This movie is a hit, and is going to make quite a lot of profit.The WWW is probably premature for DT, as well.

Every time I see that dog food commercial tie-in with Snowy it reminds of this fims failure to connect despite trying.

I don`t think they tried to connect. Trailers pretty much took Tintin for granted, as if everyone knows who he is. The shit with his shadow first and than face reveal. Why would anyone who isn`t familar with the comic books think "I must see this"? Who the fuck is that kid? Or maybe not a kid cause he`s carrying a gun? Trailer and commecials emphasized state of the art animation/mo`cap but who are these people? Why should we like them? What`s the story?Nope.

No because Sh2 is still going to have a big drop in gross and attendance. Something very little were expecting. It is still a domestic underperformer

Underperformer, based on expectations? Perhaps. Based on budget? No. Any movie that exceeds its domestic budget is probably going to do OK WW, which is the more important number. In this movie's case, it may exceed the first WW- that's a guess, and it may not happen, but it is possible. If it does happen, it ultimately comes out ahead of the first one.

Underperformer, based on expectations? Perhaps. Based on budget? No. Any movie that exceeds its domestic budget is probably going to do OK WW, which is the more important number. In this movie's case, it may exceed the first WW- that's a guess, and it may not happen, but it is possible. If it does happen, it ultimately comes out ahead of the first one.

Compared to expectations of course. Is it a flop? Hell no. But it underperformed compared to most peoples expectations. Though you could argue those expectations were too high