Leyla

SPECTRE OS Thread | 80.4m OW | 80.4m OS Total | 6 Markets only - 63.8m from UK alone! Record Breaking | expands to 57 markets next week

44 minutes ago, PanaMovie said:

900M WW??

I would like to remind you of a little film called 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' which comes out next weekend in the entire world (save for China, India and Greece). It will be very interesting to see which films are hurt by the slash-and-burn effect of 'Episode VII', but I think it goes without saying that 'Spectre' will be annihilated. $850-860M WW is still the likeliest final tally for this film.

• Like 2

SPECTRE grossed $6.4 million from 92 markets, reaching a total of $642.2 million overseas. The latest entry in the Bond franchise has now grossed $836 million worldwide. Top markets include the UK ($142.9M), China ($84.7M), Germany ($65.9M), France ($35.7M), and Australia ($23.6M).

Source: BoxOffice.com

16M+ OS

3M+ DOM

Maybe 855M WW finish

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RichWS said:

Never expected this to reach a billion from the start, but I certainly didn't expect it to fall this short. I don't know much about the international box office, but I suppose we can chalk it up to the film's mixed reception?

Yes, shorter legs but also less advantageous exchange rates compared to 2012. 

Though, if it had semi decent legs in China it would have at least made $900m ww.

Edited by TalismanRing

6 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Yes, shorter legs but also less advantageous exchange rates compared to 2012. 

Though, if it had semi decent legs in China it would have at least made $900m ww.

Spectre didn't increase much in most fast expanding markets.Maybe they should consider 3D for OS market,especially China.even SKYFALL didn't have good legs in China.Sam Mendens Old fashion didn't work in China.And it's so sorry for what happen in Paris,but it do effect Bond boxoffice in France,It broke OD record,but lose OW and entire week.I still don't understand why Sony push a week later in France and Australian.The market campaign Is so confused

Edited by bangbingchan
  • Like 1

Indeed! BTW could anyone update the thread's title? I think they shouldn't be opened prior to 3 months, because in so many of them the member who opened them just vanishes....

Edited by Purple Minion

On 12/20/2015 at 2:43 PM, IMojammer said:

Even with Star Wars opening it didn't drop that much.  

Dec 6 to 13: +28.6m
Dec 13 to 20: +15.4m

Another 20m through new years weekend maybe?  I think it has a good chance of reaching 870 total

Dec 20-27: +14.15m

10+ this week, and at least another 10m after that, probably 875-880m finish.

• Like 1

SPECTRE grossed $5.6 million from 68 markets over the weekend, taking its overseas tally up to $653.9 million. Top markets for the James Bond film are led by the UK ($143.8M), China ($84.7M), Germany ($67.8M), France ($37.4M), and Australia ($24.2M). SPECTRE has grossed $850.1 million worldwide.

Spectre earned $5.6 million from 53 markets over the weekend, bringing its overseas haul to $667.0 million. Top markets include UK ($145.1M), China ($84.7M), Germany ($70.3M), France ($38.8M), and Australia ($24.9M). Spectre has grossed $864.8 million worldwide.

15M+ more from this markets 

200M USA + 682M OS = 882M WW

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PanaMovie said:

Spectre earned $5.6 million from 53 markets over the weekend, bringing its overseas haul to $667.0 million. Top markets include UK ($145.1M), China ($84.7M), Germany ($70.3M), France ($38.8M), and Australia ($24.9M). Spectre has grossed $864.8 million worldwide.

15M+ more from this markets 

200M USA + 682M OS = 882M WW

If only Spectre had been better received in N.America, and the terror attack hadn't happened in France at the time of films opening there, then surely the film would of hit $1 bill.

But, IF, is a big word.

Can't believe that taking admissions into account, and adjusted BO figures that Spectre was below all the Pierce Brosnan Bond's and on the same level as the truly dismal QOS.......in the N.American market.

If Paris had not been attacked,If Sony had not been hacked,If the script could be more  complete,not just some pieces,So many IFs.The script should have been better.The third act is very different in earlier script.

nearly 200M dom 

864M WW 

The franchises is still strong.But Bond needs a strong sequel.

Edited by bangbingchan