Ezen Baklattan

Spaghetti's Lustral Cinematic Celebration (100 Best Films From 2010-2014) - Top 10 Time!

cloudatlasbanner9172012.jpeg

cloud-atlas-2.png

Quite simply put, Cloud Atlas is a movie about, well, everything. Within 3 hours, you feel everything. Actors play everyone. The Wachowskis take you everywhere. It's such a hard movie to talk about without getting into such hyperbolic terms, but this is truly epic in every sense of the world. I don't think I've ever seen a film of this scale and ambition, and that alone could have gotten it so much love. It's quite a funny contrast to a lot of the smaller, more low-key and focused movies that appear high up on this list, but Clod Atlas , oh boy. This could have been amazing even if it didn't work at all, simply because of what The Wachowskis were trying to do with this amazing epic, and it could have been just a huge flop without any love.

However, I'm just flat out pretrified at the brilliance of the final product. It's a film that's undoubtedly trying to showcase journeys of humanity through varying context, be it a journal on a 19th century boat, a  caper set at an old person's home, or even a thriller of rebellion in a Dystopian Neo Seoul. What makes the movie so amazing is not the stories themselves, although they work fairly well on their own merits, but how they come together. The stories are only connected by the souls that inhabit the characters in each story.  The entire ensemble each plays a different role in each story (and in some cases, a different race or even gender), and reflects a soul undergoing chance, perhaps from virtue to redemption or vice versa. The stories are edited together in a non-linear fashion, but they end up creating a greater harmony where each one shines at its most appropriate instance.

In the end, what does Cloud Atlas boil down to? It's not so much a message about something greater than ourselves, but a plea for kindness, empathy, and idealism to its audience, a plea for them to provide light in what may seem like an otherwise dark or hopeless world. A simple act of kindness can spark an entire revolution, and everyone receives an opportunity to do something amazing. It's a movie that not only gives you an amazingly well crafted and well realized ride through time and space, but it also gives you immesurable hope for Hollywood, humanity, and life itself. Thank you so much, Lana and Andy Wachowski, for creating one of the most messy, beautiful, and jaw dropping stories of our time.

Hermione-Granger-Cheers-During-Quidditch

• Like 2

But because you want something interesting, Coolio, I'll oblige you.:

the MOTHER FUCKING social network

jesse-eisenberg_gq_-_photo_credit_martin

kw5Dx.jpg

spidermanmovieposter.jpg

computers_are_awesome_poster-r0b62decca1

Fuck! Holy shit! This movie blew my dick off! The haters are so fucking extra. If you thought The King's Speech was better than get the hell out! This movie is the for real deal, bitches! Fuck yeah!

• Like 6

Interesting that you say the viewer would love to be Jordan Belfort. I really couldn't stand him, he was hateful and thoroughly unlikeable, as were all the characters in the movie. I was really hoping for the cops to latch on to him earlier on, so that: 1) He would get punished; and 2) So the movie would actually end. It was the longest, most boring 3 hours I've ever spent with a film.

A movie that actually punished him would've been lame. Guys like that don't get punished in real life.

Anyway, good list so far.

Before I get to the top 2...

SPAGHETTI'S TOP 10 FILMS PEOPLE HAVE BEEN BRAINWASHED INTO LOVING.

The list begins now and is entirely contained in this post.

If you're ready, click below.

Fool, you don't get brainwashed into loving or hating a movie. You just love whatever you want, and that's all that matters.

:)

• Like 7

Before I get to the top 2...

SPAGHETTI'S TOP 10 FILMS PEOPLE HAVE BEEN BRAINWASHED INTO LOVING.

The list begins now and is entirely contained in this post.

If you're ready, click below.

Fool, you don't get brainwashed into loving or hating a movie. You just love whatever you want, and that's all that matters.

:)

OK, something different. :)

• Like 1

A movie that actually punished him would've been lame. Guys like that don't get punished in real life.

Anyway, good list so far.

He was caught and sent to prison though not as long as he should have been because he turned informant on partners and associates for a shorter sentence.  An all around prime piece of shit human.

It's a joke that someone who steals a car gets more jail time than someone who stole hundreds of millions and ruined countless lives, driving some people to suicide.

Belfort's not a good role model at all, but the movie makes us believe he is, exploiting our deep desire to be a rich and glorious hedonist just like Belfort.

He's just a typical amoral self absorbed destructive degenerate greedy criminal creep you can find anywhere on Wall Street or any Financial District.  I've met people like him and the main desire they engender is to scrub my skin after a handshake or even breathing the same air.

• Like 2

He's just a typical amoral self absorbed destructive degenerate greedy criminal creep you can find anywhere on Wall Street or any Financial District.  I've met people like him and the main desire they engender is to scrub my skin after a handshake or even breathing the same air.

Yes, but in general our society worships those people as "ambitious" and "great achievers", and a lot of people aspire to that sort of power and money (without realizing the complete skeeziness behind so much of it).

• Like 4

He was caught and sent to prison though not as long as he should have been because he turned informant on partners and associates for a shorter sentence.  An all around prime piece of shit human.

It's a joke that someone who steals a car gets more jail time than someone who stole hundreds of millions and ruined countless lives, driving some people to suicide.

Yeah, technically he was punished. But as the film showed, that punishment meant little. Even in jail, he could use his money to gain favors, and he got out way too early for that sentence.

Not only that, but once he got out, he got rewarded as he was able to sell the shitty skills he had learned to people who wanted to be just like him.

And this makes you smarter than 90% of the populace my friend.

It's because people cannot see the correlation that the perpetrators can get away scott-free.

Those types you mention, they live without fear of retribution because the justice system or the law just doesn't care. Look at the 2008 crisis, the people blame the government, but the uproar over the real people who knew they screwed you over was limited or fizzled out. It's those guys, those with no remorse that should be persecuted, but all have been forgotten and they still might be working there today, screwing you over with some product they thought while coked up and laughing at those they will take advantage of. They caused this global recession that still lasts until today and yet they are not serving any time or any fines.

People can't see the correlation and these cunts walk away free. The whole system is a farce. 

• Like 2