grim22

The Greatest Showman | PT Barnum Biopic starring Hugh Jackman. Fox releasing. Christmas 2017

I knew the Jackman worshipers would show up.

We had a couple of over the top Jackman fans telling us how great and wonderful "Pan" was going to be, and how huge a hit it would was going to be.

Jackman does attract some really over the top fans who would think a four hour  movie of Jackman reading names out of the phone book is going to be great.

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

These posters seriously say “Featuring the Academy Award winning lyricists of LA LA LAND”. That’s the most tangential connection ever 

130519.jpg

130522.jpg

130523.jpg

It's not that tangential, they're both musicals.  Except this one has a leading man (and other actors) who can sing.

A shame I don't like the released music.  Pretty posters though.

• Like 3

I think this looks great and much more appealing than La La Land. 

I am so far a big fan of the songs and this movie looks fun. Doubt it will be a big Oscar film like La La Land but families I think will show up for this given the circus theme, wholesome story, and colorful scenes. 

120M domestic total. 

3 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Hugh Jackman is magnetic and it's a beautiful looking movie 

(not so much the CGI lions but if they'd used  real currently unemployed circus lions there would have been protests)

I want this to do well for Hugh's sake plus Zendaya naysayers can see she has range with SMH (deglam, comedy) and this (musical, drama). 

Saw a trailer for this before Murder on the Orient Express. It frankly looked rather cheesy and not in a good "holiday spirit" way, just in a corny way. I also got the impression from a few of the shots shown that this is a musical, but the trailer didn't actually communicate that at all. 

I could just look it up, but I might as well tell you what that trailer told me about the film, because it's not like the average movie goer is going to look it up.

Edited by Ithil

14 minutes ago, Ithil said:

Saw a trailer for this before Murder on the Orient Express. It frankly looked rather cheesy and not in a good "holiday spirit" way, just in a corny way. I also got the impression from a few of the shots shown that this is a musical, but the trailer didn't actually communicate that at all. 

I could just look it up, but I might as well tell you what that trailer told me about the film, because it's not like the average movie goer is going to look it up.

The 2nd trailer makes clear it's a musical.

The 2nd trailer is also worse than the first one :gold:

2 hours ago, MrPink said:

The 2nd trailer makes clear it's a musical.

The 2nd trailer is also worse than the first one :gold:

Ok, because musicals should absolutely not hide that they are musicals in their trailers. It makes for a bad reaction when someone sees the film most times.