grim22

The Greatest Showman | PT Barnum Biopic starring Hugh Jackman. Fox releasing. Christmas 2017

20 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

the person who buys a ticket for this is gonna find hugh jackman waiting in the cinema with a camera crew all "We got you! It's not a real movie!"

And up in show biz heaven the ghost of Barnum says "A Sucker Is Still Born Every Minute"

OK,OK,I know that he probably never said that but I couldn't resist....

Just now, dudalb said:

Stilll amazed at how BAD Jackman sounds in that clip.

The guy has one hell of a good singing voice, what the hell  happened?

Doesn't seem to translate outside of a theater

4 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

I thought this was a BP frontrunner or something...I must be out of the loop.

It was meant by Fox to be an Award bait movie.....but has turned out to be something else. That happens with a couple of Oscar Bait movies every year;They turn out to be crap.

Edited by dudalb

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Not anytime recently :lol: Word came out shortly before the trailer that the test screenings were shit.

Ah, ok.

TBF YouTube made me watch a trailer for that awful Garfield Oscar bait and I was pleased to see that critics are finally calling a spade a spade with those movies.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Not anytime recently :lol: Word came out shortly before the trailer that the test screenings were shit.

Yup, when I started hearing about those poor screenings, I knew things wouldn't go over so well. Probably shouldn't have hired a visual effects supervisor to helm a "Broadway" style musical. 

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

Poor Zac Efron. I feel like this and the Ted Bundy are his last chances at avoiding spending the rest of his career in obscurity (or at least until he's old enough that the dad roles come calling).

he needs to follow those twilight kids and be mediocre in a quiet indie movie from some auteur so critics can pretend he's suddenly a major talent.

• Like 1